722 + 1TB HD + USB Hub and fan - works

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dreddick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2003
NW Ohio
After reading a thread here about DVR temperatures I recently decided to add a Thermaltake USB powered fan to the side of my 722. I had also planned to add an external hard drive and figured that there may be a problem with using a USB hub connected to the 722 to plug in both the fan and the HD as I had read that using the hub with the 722 would not work. Today I received my HD and thought I might as well try the hub. I was happy to find that this works fine. The Fantom 1TB drive formatted to show 930GB free. So far everything is working great.

David

I swear by the ThermalTake Max4 USB enclosures, but hadn't seen their fans. I just got 2 of these thru Amazon (ANTOnline is the seller) for $28, including shipping.

Thanks for the head's up!

For anyone else wanting to add a USB powered fan and a Hard drive, keep in mind that the 722 does have 2 USB ports (one in back, one in the front behind the panel) so you don't necessarily need a USB hub.