dish 1000.2 with DP34

isptech

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Champaign, IL DMA
I currently have a 105 superdish with 2 DP34s, feeding 625 and 322 receivers. I want to add a HD receiver, probably leased. I installed the second DP 34 switch with the intention of adding a receiver in the basement which we have started to finish.
Can the DP 34 switches work with the DP1000.2 ? Do I even need that for HD ?

My locals are not in HD currently and I am sure when or if they will be either. I am out of contract. Will DN include the new dish if needed or will I have to buy it ? If I have replace the switches do I need a DPP44 or DPP33 ? I would like to keep the switches to have 3 receivers.

Thanks
Clint

Yes, a 1000.2 with 3 duals instead of the integrated LNB will work with 34 switches, however this is not necessary. The integrated LNB for the 1000.2 (and 1000.4) dish has 3 DishPro Plus outputs. This allows you to run up to 6 rooms (3 dual tuners) off the dish with no switches required. How it will be done depends on your installer. As long as all the lines are running where I need them, and the system is properly grounded already, I'll just leave the 34 switches in place, and install the 1000.2 with 3 duals on it. If the system is not to standard, I'll usually start from scratch and redo what needs to be done without the switches. Either way you will have the ability to add another receiver later. Best of luck to you.

I currently have a 105 superdish with 2 DP34s, feeding 625 and 322 receivers. I want to add a HD receiver, probably leased. I installed the second DP 34 switch with the intention of adding a receiver in the basement which we have started to finish.
Can the DP 34 switches work with the DP1000.2 ? Do I even need that for HD ?

My locals are not in HD currently and I am sure when or if they will be either. I am out of contract. Will DN include the new dish if needed or will I have to buy it ? If I have replace the switches do I need a DPP44 or DPP33 ? I would like to keep the switches to have 3 receivers.

Thanks
Clint

E* will install the new dish for either a 24-month commitment or $99 with no commitment. The 1000.2/1000.4 has its own built-in switch and can supply up to 3 dual tuner receivers.

722 + 1TB HD + USB Hub and fan - works

DVR Fee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)