Can a DP21 be used with a DP34 for a 4 sat. location?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Is this possible???

Run 105, 110, 119 to a DP34.....After the DP34, connect a DP21 with 61.5/148/121 to make the 4 sat location.

Will that work? How will the receiver read that?

It will work just as you described. If you have the dual tuner 942 receiver, you need two DP21's as you MUST have the same exact inputs to both tuners.

Are you asking if you had two DP34 switches (one with on a 105 superdish and the other DP34 connected to three separate wing dishes at 61.5, 148 and 121) cascaded to a single DP21 for 6 satellite locations? I don't believe it would work and I know dish wouldn't recommend it becaused I asked about combining a DP21 with my 121 superdish to add another 61.5 wing dish. They said the DPP44 would be required for 4 satellites.

jergenf said:
... and I know dish wouldn't recommend it becaused I asked about combining a DP21 with my 121 superdish ...
Both tech support and my dealer claim that you can't cascade external switches (In my case SW44/SW21 but my problem was line of sight). When I pointed out that Dish engineers had added check switch routines to test for those very configurations I was given the party line again. Anyone know why they are saying this?

miguelaqui, you shouldn't have any problem.

*gets out a prototype DPP84*

Whoa how did THAT get here?!

*hides it promptly*

Yes, a DP21 can be used with a DP34 for a 4 sat location. :)

That's a smart way to do it around an expensive DPP44 switch solution. I might also add that DPP44 switches are getting many trouble calls. We haven't even installed too many of 'em and many of them are coming in as trouble calls. Now, DP34 switches are even worse with a lot more trouble calls these days but I'd go with DP21+DP34 if only using one receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)