Can a DPP separator be used to feed multiple receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattopia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Parma, OH
Hi all,

I recently had a E* 1000.2 installed. Two coax feeds come from the dish, one going to my 722 and one going to my 211. The one going to the 722 uses a DPP separator to feed the two tuners via one coax.

I'm thinking about adding another 211 or 222 in the bedroom, but I'm pretty sure Dish will charge me to run a new line from the dish. I rather not go that route.

So, I'm wondering. Since I'm feeding two tuners in my 722 with a DPP separator... Can I just buy another DPP separator and split the feed going to my current 211 to feed the current and new 211 receivers?

Hi all,

I recently had a E* 1000.2 installed. Two coax feeds come from the dish, one going to my 722 and one going to my 211. The one going to the 722 uses a DPP separator to feed the two tuners via one coax.

I'm thinking about adding another 211 or 222 in the bedroom, but I'm pretty sure Dish will charge me to run a new line from the dish. I rather not go that route.

So, I'm wondering. Since I'm feeding two tuners in my 722 with a DPP separator... Can I just buy another DPP separator and split the feed going to my current 211 to feed the current and new 211 receivers?

Why not take the initiative and run the line from the D1000.2 to your bedroom? The hardest part is actually getting to the dish. From there it's just a matter of routing the cable to whatever location.

I think Webbydude's suggestion would be the best solution; however, depending on your cable running situation, another option would be....

Swap the 211 out with a 222 & DPP Separator, and then feed the TV2 output to your 3rd location either directly or through your home distribution system which would allow the whole house to receive the output.

Look at the distribution documents at the following link for examples and idea's.
DISH Pro 500 & DISH Pro 500 Plus Information Documents | Solid Signal

Bummer! After reading up on DPP and how the splitter works, I see why it won't work like I thought it would.

The hardest part is really going to be drilling through brick and making it all look "nice". I had the install done a few weeks ago and should have just had them set it up while it would have been free. Last time I installed my own dish (a SuperDISH...ugh) I didn't really care what it looked like. Now I have an S.O. to appease. :)

I have a 722 and will probably juse use the TV2 output for now. Third TV will be HD though so I'd like to eventually be able to have an HD receiver up there.

Hi all,

I wish. It would make my job easier. But unfortunatly it doesn't work that way. The DPP separator technology is designed for dual tuner boxes, not for seperate boxes.

mattopia said:
Bummer! After reading up on DPP and how the splitter works, I see why it won't work like I thought it would.
Mainly because the Separator is not a splitter, and neither can be used to add a receiver.

Mainly because the Separator is not a splitter, and neither can be used to add a receiver.
Correct in most cases, but as you know, a 950 - 2150 Mc splitter is used in some setups to add a receiver, but definitely not in the OP situation.:)

I know, its MHz and not Mc.:D

Depends on where it's used...

...and no, I don't mean at the box's output.

Let's see if you figure it out yourself.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

For about $15 less (one device versus three at street prices) the DP34 will give you four DP outputs from three satellites.

For the scenario presented, the DPP Twin would be far and away the best solution as it can run two DPP capable receivers with up to four tuners on two wires.

That would be it, such as shown in post 12.

There's also situations in legacy products where they can be used...but legacy is a whole different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)