can no longer get channels on 110

max_jack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Dish is at our lake house and we haven't been there for several months. Got in last night and some channels would be fine, but other channels would give an "attention 015" message and then switch to Error 002 - it could never "acquire" the satellite. After spending hours on the phone with Dish (they cut me off twice....), they finally said they would have to send out a technician - of course this would not happen until Monday when we would no longer be at the lake.

I've checked the cable, they are fine - there is nothing obstructing the dish, everything appears normal, but I can't pick up anything on 110... I've run all the tests, did a check switch, etc. everything looks fine except the following

When I go to systen status, it gets to 80% complete and then a warning come on for 110. it then says to check the follwing things...weather, snow, blockage,cable, dish out of alignment. The only thing that I don't know about is the "dish out of alignment". It looks fine, but obviously something is wrong - any ideas what I can do - obviously waiting for a technician on Monday is not going to help me this weekend with the family... :)
Thanks!! (I've got a 625 and the software is L462)

I have a 625 DVR ; Dish 500 and the check switch shows ok for both 119 and 110 and recepti8on verfied. The switch is a dpp Twin w/Separator.

have you tried turning the box of for about 10 minuets? and did you bring that box with you or it stays at that place?

Box stays here - I rebooted; unplugged it for 30 minutes; changed plugs, etc.....

all the ones on 119 from 11-15 are in the 30s.
110: transponder 15 is in the red - shows no signal strength; 14 shows 24; 13 shows 1, 12 shows 9 and 11 shows 15

I have a message on the point dish screen that flashes and says: Signal meter has been nmodified. Select Help for details." When I select helpit says that : Signal strengh neter has nbeen modified with a recent software upgrade for improved prformance. This change may cause the signal strength to appear lower than in the past. THe actual signal received has not changed and the operation of your receiver will not be affected Ther is no need to call to report this change. This sceen helps set and maximize satellite signal streth Dish 500 needs proper azimuth, elevation and skew to wrk best.

how do I peack the dish? Line of sight is unobstructed - it is on our pier with no trees, etc.

your dish does have to be re-aimed. so you have some options you can try your self if you missed then you wont have anything or have dish do it for you but you going to have wait several days

do you have level i would say check behind dish most of the time techs don't tight bolts on a bottom of the mast and it just slides down a little bit

I'd like to try - we will not be here when they can send someone out....what do I need and how do I re-aim it? Thanks!

sorry - just re-read your post - it sounds like I could really mess it up and then not have any tv....guess we'll stick with 119! Thanks for all your help - at least I know I've done everything inside that I can do!!

go to signal strength screen. go to the dish live all bolts tight on dish. get behind the dish grab on each side of the reflector and slightly move to the left and watch the screen see if signal is going up or down then other direction after that up and down. after you demean with way it has to be moved lose the 2 bolts behind dish and move it slowly

Download the manual for a Dish 322 receiver from Dishnetwork.com. In the back there's instructions on how to align a Dish 500. Read them, re-read them, and then attempt to realign it. It's not hard if you understand what you're doing.

In addition to what the others have said...

If you can stand at the dish and see the TV displaying the Point Dish Screen, then do this.

- Slightly push the end of the LNBF arm, or the LNBF, upward and then downward. I'm talking about a hair or two, and not enough to push it over.

- Then slightly push it to the east, and then slightly to the west, just a hair as above.

If you were to do the above on a perfectly aligned dish, your signal would either get weeker or disappear, since this very minor movement would be quite a bit 22,300 miles out in space.

But if you are slightly out of adjustment, you may actually see an increase in the signal when attempting the above 2 sets of movements; leaving no doubt the dish needs to be re-peaked.

As said, it is easy to do, but you must go very slow, and by doing the above test, you learned that you can only move it a very very little bit at a time to peak it. If east and west gave you the better reading, then loosen the bolts so that you can twist the dish, but wait about 8-10 seconds in between each reading for the receiver to respond. You may also want to peak the elevation. However, I would not touch the Skew which is rotatiing the dish either clockwise or counter clockwise.

If your pier has settled, then you may want to go a little further.
- Check and make sure the top of the mast where the dish mounts at, is plumb in all directions.
- The skew (tilt or rotation of the dish pan) should already be set, don't touch it.
- Then peak the elevation (up/down).
- Then peak the azimuth (east/west).
And remember to make slow hair size movements to adjust.

At least try it before you leave.:)

Yes...first thing would be to check out that the mast is level. Then look at the numbers on the dish to see that the skew and elevation are set at the numbers in the manual. Out on a pier like that the dish may have gotten bumped or something. I'd bet the mounting arm is no longer level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)