Speculation that ATT&T offer may come this week

Should be interesting. On Wednesday Charlie said he didn't have an interest in selling. However even if he did have plans to sell, S.E.C. guidelines would prevent him from saying so.

Yeah we will see right now I think there a chance nothing going to happen.

Does AT&T have existing satellites that E* could use or would we still have to wait for new birds?

Will still need to wait for E*'s new birds, the first of which goes up in late February. By the way, don't listen to people on these boards claiming that it takes half a year to get the satellite lit up and operational. It is closer to 45 days.

I am hearing a deal has been reached. Good news for AT&T as this will also provide them a vehicle for offering service outside the 22 state local lec footprint. AT&T can also use the local network of "Lightspeed" video hubs to upgrade Dish's local HD programming over Sat.

I am hearing a deal has been reached. Good news for AT&T as this will also provide them a vehicle for offering service outside the 22 state local lec footprint. AT&T can also use the local network of "Lightspeed" video hubs to upgrade Dish's local HD programming over Sat.

Take your meds like the nice doctor ordered and you'll stop "hearing" things ;)

Now now. Only Charlie knows for sure. Most of the published reports say he is involved in talks, I believe it. Too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

But like I say - I believe this would be great for Dish customers.

Now now. Only Charlie knows for sure. Most of the published reports say he is involved in talks, I believe it. Too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

But like I say - I believe this would be great for Dish customers.

ScoBuck. It looks like you and I may be in a minority. I totally agree with you. I was a Bellsouth customer when AT&T bought them out. I am still waiting for my rates to be raised like everyone said would happen. I also was able to get dsl which would not of happened if it stayed Bellsouth. It will give Dish deeper pockets to launch more things. If your rates go up, you will have several other options for a tv provider. I will stay for a while to see what happens if this finally goes through.

Even if a deal was reached today it would take along time before stockholder and regulatory approvals are obtained. look at the Liberty media purchase of a minority (but controlling) interest in DirecTV or the Sirius XM merger.

Last edited:
Yeah from what I have read the Liberty Media deal has not gotten final approval yet so that is not a done deal. Either way I think that there is a strong chance that AT&T Dish deal is not going to happen that its just speculation that got started. Which always effects stocks like it has in the past so for now until we here it come from Dish this is all analyst speculating. Also remember before anything can happen FCC must approve of most things.

I do not see much if any problems at the FCC for ATT buying either DBS company. It would be hard to argue that the tiny number of homes served by UVerse would be enough to constitute a serious loss of competition. It is not like a cable company (or another DBS provider) buying them.

I do not see much if any problems at the FCC for ATT buying either DBS company. It would be hard to argue that the tiny number of homes served by UVerse would be enough to constitute a serious loss of competition. It is not like a cable company (or another DBS provider) buying them.

Agree'd plus AT&T had done deals of this size before. I am sure they know how to get the paperwork done.:eureka

Yeah from what I have read the Liberty Media deal has not gotten final approval yet so that is not a done deal. Either way I think that there is a strong chance that AT&T Dish deal is not going to happen that its just speculation that got started. Which always effects stocks like it has in the past so for now until we here it come from Dish this is all analyst speculating. Also remember before anything can happen FCC must approve of most things.

The title of the thread is 'Speculation that AT&T offer may come this week.

No one mentioned that the deal would close this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts