programing remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Landon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I just purchased a remote, 5.0 IR for the dish network 322 receiver and I am lost as how to program it to work. Could someone explain or direct me to a site that will give instruction for a novice?
Thanks in advance

Didn't find anything on that site that will walk me through the programming of the remote. I set the remote to turn on/off the tv but that is as far as if got. The menu will not display and none of the buttons will work for the 322.

Ok, go into system info hit sat button on remote and hit record button.

If you can't access the system info at all, goto the 322 and power off the unit, and I believe if you simutaneously hit chan up/down it'll put you in system info.

Well I finally got the remote 1 working but now I would like to know how to get the remote 2 programed. Any takers?

To work on my tv 2. I don't know how to be more spicific. Maybe you can explain.
Thanks
TV2s are very hard to program for. Panasonics, Sonys, Sanyos and RCAs are easy but TV2s can be very hard. Is it a 21" TV2 or one of the new TV2 HD models?

Have you gone to page 12 in the 311 manual where it says "SET UP THE REMOTE CONTROL"?

It does a decent job of laying it out. But you should know when you go to page 65 for device codes there isn't any TV2 listed.

If you have lost the manual you can veiw it on line here:

DISH Network -- User Guides & Manuals

page 12 is in chapter 2. Page 65, where the device codes start, is in chapter 4.

Have you gone to page 12 in the 311 manual where it says "SET UP THE REMOTE CONTROL"?

It does a decent job of laying it out. But you should know when you go to page 65 for device codes there isn't any TV2 listed.

If you have lost the manual you can veiw it on line here:

DISH Network -- User Guides & Manuals

page 12 is in chapter 2. Page 65, where the device codes start, is in chapter 4.

Did I lose something in the translation? With a duel 322 tuner there is tv1 and tv2. Tv1 is the unit with the receiver and tv2 is the second remote tv. NOT a tv name brand!!

Did I lose something in the translation? With a duel 322 tuner there is tv1 and tv2. Tv1 is the unit with the receiver and tv2 is the second remote tv. NOT a tv name brand!!
If you want to control a TV with any univeral remote you must use the brand name to look up the proper device code.

Again, all this is in the 311 manual or as boba said, spelled out pretty well on channel 101 almost continually.

My most straight forward advice: Call Dish. THIS is what CSRs are trained to do on training day one. And they will take all long as necessary to get you up and running.

Typing and reading this thread has taken ten times as much time as a call to Dish, which is toll free by the way.

If you want to control a TV with any univeral remote you must use the brand name to look up the proper device code.

Again, all this is in the 311 manual or as boba said, spelled out pretty well on channel 101 almost continually.

My most straight forward advice: Call Dish. THIS is what CSRs are trained to do on training day one. And they will take all long as necessary to get you up and running.

Typing and reading this thread has taken ten times as much time as a call to Dish, which is toll free by the way.

Well, I am sorry to bother you people. It was my thinking that was what this site was for. So I guess I can say you don't know diddley squat about much of nothing when it comes to solving problems concerning dish problems. Tv2 a brand of tv, who am I dealing with? Crap!!
Next time I guess I will call tech support for an answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)