Can a FTA receiver control a BUD motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
I will probably be acquiring a BUD soon and was wondering if my CaptiveWorks receiver would control the motor on a BUD with usals or diseqc 1.2, or would I need a separate controller. If so, what would I need? Thanks to all you staff guys for sharing your knowledge. I've learned a lot in the past 2 months, and I know I will be learning more. I love this hobby. I get about as much a thrill watching the quality bar go up and the channels pop up as I do watching tv. Always learning something new. I've switched from computer geek to FTA junkie.

Out of the box, no.

DMS has their VBOX DP710 that is made to translate DiSEqC 1.2 commands to a bud positioner.

There is another called the VBOX II that is supposed to work better.

I originally bought a DP710 and it seemed to work great when I had just a few satellites positions programmed. Once I'd dial in say 1/2 my arc I would start to lose positions. If I took note of the count number on the VBOX, the position was always dead on. It seems to me that the DP710 was skewing the other positions every time I'd save one.

Others have had similar results.

I ended up going to an old Analog reciever to control the BUD (and the skew motor) and later went with a 4DTV.

<edit>
I just wanted to add that there are some FTA boxes that will control an actuator, they just aren't very common in the US.
</edit>

Last edited:
So to get the most use of a BUD, a 4DTV receiver is the way to go. I'll have to make that a goal. Thanks for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts