Can a Joey 3 do PIP/Swap Function or not?

kugumby

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
I used to have 2 Hopper 2's w/Sling. In order to save money we switched to a Hopper 3 with a Joey. I was assured that we'd still be able to utilize the swap feature with the Joey. After the upgrade yesterday, when clicking on the input button on the remote, it opens a message stating 'this is not an active feature'.

I was on the phone with DISH for over an hour with the support people all researching this because 'no one had ever asked this question before'. Seriously? The last guy said that the software just wasn't up to date on the Joey and that when it updated overnight the feature should work. This morning, it still displays the same error when pressing the input button, 'this is not an active feature'.

My Hopper 3 is on U539 and the Joey is on U569. Should the swap feature work on the Joey or not?

I used to have 2 Hopper 2's w/Sling. In order to save money we switched to a Hopper 3 with a Joey. I was assured that we'd still be able to utilize the swap feature with the Joey. After the upgrade yesterday, when clicking on the input button on the remote, it opens a message stating 'this is not an active feature'.

I was on the phone with DISH for over an hour with the support people all researching this because 'no one had ever asked this question before'. Seriously? The last guy said that the software just wasn't up to date on the Joey and that when it updated overnight the feature should work. This morning, it still displays the same error when pressing the input button, 'this is not an active feature'.

My Hopper 3 is on U539 and the Joey is on U569. Should the swap feature work on the Joey or not?
And another example of the ineptitude of the CSR's....

Of course. So, I need a Super Joey or 4k Joey? The TV it's driving is not 4k, so I don't need that feature

Can I move the Hopper 3 to the Joey location and the Joey where the Hopper 3 is now? As long as they're both connected to the coax, that shouldn't be an issue, correct?

It's more important to have the swap feature in that location.

Can I move the Hopper 3 to the Joey location and the Joey where the Hopper 3 is now? As long as they're both connected to the coax, that shouldn't be an issue, correct?

It's more important to have the swap feature in that location.

Hey kugumby, to move your receivers from one room to another where there is not wiring for that type of receiver would require a custom work order. If you have a DISH Protect Plan to cover the $95 tech visit fee, there would only be a $50 custom work fee. If you'd like to set up the work order you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat.
-Rosita L

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)