Can a single line into the house feed a DPP44?

jwspaceman

Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Texas
Greetings -

Currently I have a twin LNB feeding a 722 receiver. A single line runs into the house to a "home run" data hub, where the rg6 for the entire house is distributed. One line likewise carries the signal out of the hub to the dual tuner receiver where a separator allows access to 110 and 119 independently.

In the future, I would like service to other rooms, connecting their rg6 lines out of the same distribution hub. It seems that the dpp44 is ideal for this purpose, as it allows you to maintain the "one line per room" paradigm. However, I'm concerned after my reading here that use of the external switch then requires that TWO lines come down from the dish itself (since the switch inside the twin is disabled).

My question is this: Is there any way to maintain just a single line INTO the house from the dish - perhaps by using a separator to split 110 and 119 apart before feeding into two of the inputs on the dpp44? OR, as I fear, are individual lines for the twin LNB's absolutely required if one wishes to feed a multiple receiver distribution?

thanks!

Has to be outside near dish

Greetings -

Currently I have a twin LNB feeding a 722 receiver. A single line runs into the house to a "home run" data hub, where the rg6 for the entire house is distributed. One line likewise carries the signal out of the hub to the dual tuner receiver where a separator allows access to 110 and 119 independently.

In the future, I would like service to other rooms, connecting their rg6 lines out of the same distribution hub. It seems that the dpp44 is ideal for this purpose, as it allows you to maintain the "one line per room" paradigm. However, I'm concerned after my reading here that use of the external switch then requires that TWO lines come down from the dish itself (since the switch inside the twin is disabled).

My question is this: Is there any way to maintain just a single line INTO the house from the dish - perhaps by using a separator to split 110 and 119 apart before feeding into two of the inputs on the dpp44? OR, as I fear, are individual lines for the twin LNB's absolutely required if one wishes to feed a multiple receiver distribution?

thanks!

The DPP 44 takes the indivdual lines from each sat then combines them. From it a line can be run to each sat rec or DVR. The line at the rec can have the separator used for more than one sat tuner. It won't work the way you are asking.

No.. Can't be done with Dish Network. Sorry

DirecTV SWM will work this way.. But nothing From Dish Network like this as of yet

Yep, I was afraid so. In fact, I purchased a DirecTV SWM compliant splitter prior to my more detailed study of the topic. I guess that I'll be looking to pass that on to someone who can use it.

Thanks for the straight-up. :up

The DPP 44 takes the indivdual lines from each sat then combines them. From it a line can be run to each sat rec or DVR. The line at the rec can have the separator used for more than one sat tuner. It won't work the way you are asking.

Thanks. Indeed, as I feared.

Perhaps when I really get ready to expand the 922 will be to a state of development where it can allow ethernet distribution on the LAN. The whole house is ready to go with that.

Much appreciated to All. I'll stop looking for a solution where there is none. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)