Will a Dish Installer bury coax, splice into existing coax?

In the very rare instances where I had to splice buried cable, I'd use Dielectric Grease in the fitting before wrapping with electrical tape then lightly running a lighter under it to seal the tape
"Splicing" reminds me of many years ago when a neighbor's wife was about 10 months pregnant from the looks of her and due to drop any minute. While digging out some weeds, the neighbor accidentally severed their buried phone line that was only a few inches down. The phone company said they couldn't send someone until the next day to fix it, so he came to me in a panic not wanting to be without phone service under the circumstances. I took a look at the cut and grabbed a few tools and a short length of wire to splice in temporarily. The next day when the phone guy showed up, I went over and showed him where the problem was since the neighbors had left for the hospital earlier. The phone guy started in on me about using lamp cord for the splice until I stopped him and told him the circumstances and that the splice obviously did the job until he arrived, so what was the problem. He finally admitted that it would work for awhile anyway. I guess he figured out that leaving the splice out in the open with just a little tape on the twisted connections wasn't meant to be permanent... ;)

In the very rare instances where I had to splice buried cable, I'd use Dielectric Grease in the fitting before wrapping with electrical tape then lightly running a lighter under it to seal the tape
There is rubber electrical tape that is designed just for those instances. When I was a telephone man, a hundred years ago, I used it to seal drop wire splices from the elements. It worked well for many years.