Can a sub get HD only

Dishpointer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Kansas
I just bought a new HDTV yesterday and want to get all of Dish's HD channels. I am going to drop my AT 120 and only have the HD pack and Voom. I am going to wait til Feb 1and get the VIP 622 so my question is, will Dish allow me to only have the HD channels?
I have a DPP44 switch and a dish pointed to 61.5 so all I need is the receiver. Will I have to purchase the receiver in order for them to allow it?

Thanks

Currently Dish allows you to drop your AT package and sub to whatever you want (internationals, a movie channel, HD, local, etc). But, they charge you $5/month extra because the first receiver charge is included in the AT package. So, just add $5 and you can get it.

so for $20 you can get all the dish HD channels? If D* doesnt get their PQ together I will drop d* HD pack and for 9 dollars (10.99 for current D* HD Pack) more get all the same channels plus TNT and the Voom channels. While im at it ill drop to the lowest D* package and actually save money and get more HD channels

Last edited:
Dishpointer, you might want to not get your hopes up. With the announcement of the 622 for February 1st, they also announced new HD packages that included the new HD channels along with the AT packs. (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum HD packages.) There is no guarantee that after the 1st of February that Dish will still allow some type of HD only package that would include the new HD channels.

Also, the 622 deal may require the subsciption to one of the new packages. Only time will tell. (And even then, some CSR roulette may be required to fully determine what kind of deal you can swing!)

Hey, thanks for the info. I figured they wouldn't let me do it if I leased so I was expecting to purchase the 622 from Dishstore. I hope I don't have to get the 180 package to get all the HD channels. I am about strapped now since I bought this tv.:D

Since Last May I Have All The HD Channels & Nothing Else. (HD Package, Voom, Showtime HD & HBO HD) Cost $42.98 a Month.

Ditto, same here, without the Sho/HBO $29/mo with a 942 DVR. I own my equipment at half price courtesy of ebay.

According to what has bean posted here by dealers, the new HD only pack will be available if you own (no lease) a 622 or 211 for $29.99/mo or $34.99/mo w/locals, plus the access fee is going up $1/mo to $6/mo so your HD only pack will run you $35.99/mo or $40.99/mo w/locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)