Can a WA LNB work on EA.2 reflector?

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
I just had a new antenna installed at my RV location. I was using a 1000.4 dish with an EA LNB, and switching to a WA LNB when I am in Texas so I could receive locals. The 1000.4 dish was damaged and needed to be replace which the Dish Tech took care of by installing a new EA.2 Dish. He told me that I could use the new dish with my WA LNB (110,119,129) when I am in Texas. Can anyone confirm this?

I just had a new antenna installed at my RV location. I was using a 1000.4 dish with an EA LNB, and switching to a WA LNB when I am in Texas so I could receive locals. The 1000.4 dish was damaged and needed to be replace which the Dish Tech took care of by installing a new EA.2 Dish. He told me that I could use the new dish with my WA LNB (110,119,129) when I am in Texas. Can anyone confirm this?

True, though "by the book", it needs to be a .2 WA lnb and not a .4 WA lnb.

The 1000.2 is a smaller dish than the 1000.4, the reflector (dish face) requires a different focal point for the LNBs, Focal point is the distance from the reflector where the maximum signal is focused.

You can buy a 1000.2 WA LNB cheaper off Ebay than you can buy a 1000.4 dish assembly but if all that was damaged was the reflector you may be able to buy just the 1000.4 pan from a seller on Ebay

Wow confusing thread... the focal point is handled by the length of the dish arm... to the best of my knowledge there aren't 2 western arc lnb's.

Last edited:
Wow confusing thread... the focal point is handled by the length of the dish arm... to the best of my knowledge there aren't 2 western arc lnb's.

There are, before we had the .2 EA dish thought 1000.4 was the dish of the future so we had the 1000.4 wa. Didn't last very long though.

I had a 1000.4 dish with a 110,119,129 LNB. The arm of the 1000.4 was longer than the EA.2 assembly, however the reflector was also larger. The LNB need to be farther away form the reflector to use the larger area. Putting an WA LNB on the shorter EA.2 arm moves the focal point in for the smaller dish. The Dish Tech who installed my EA.2 also installed a new dish for another camper across the road. There were line of site issues that could not be overcome to use the EA LNB so the installer put an 110.119.129 LNB on the EA.2 arm and set up the signal easily. The only shortfall was the lack of locals in HD since they have to come from 61.5. Locals in SD from 119 was OK with the customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)