Can anyone confirm or deny?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RGJ4vols

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I am currently looking into switching to DirectTV. While on the phone the CSM told me that they do not offer locals in HD yet (even though Dish does). My question is that the CSM told me that while they do not offer locals in HD I will get all local programing that is broadcast in HD (like NFL and so on). Can anyone confirm or deny this. I think she is wrong, but I thought I would check.

You have to get your locals in hd before you get any programming on that channel in hd.

The upside is that D11 is about to be lit up with many many new locals. Which ones??? Anyones guess at this point.

RGJ,

We don't have a clue where you live, so it's really hard to say if they have your locals up in HD, or anytime soon.
Give us a city or a zip to work with.

Jimbo

Perhaps the CSR meant you could get "Distant Locals" from NY or LA

I had forgotten about the Distant locals in hd. Dish does not have them but Direct does. I am not sure what you need to do or where you need to be to qualify for them.

My mother just got D* installed yesterday and was told by three different installers (they didn't all come at once, they all came out at separate times to puzzle over a tree issue she had) that our HD locals (Chattanooga, TN) would be up on August 22nd. Also, Chattanooga's SD locals are on the 72deg sat and she was told that would no longer be the case come 8-22. I was skeptical, but they all seemed to have the same information. 37323, the zip code given above, is from Cleveland, TN, which is in the Chattanooga DMA.

My mother just got D* installed yesterday and was told by three different installers (they didn't all come at once, they all came out at separate times to puzzle over a tree issue she had) that our HD locals (Chattanooga, TN) would be up on August 22nd. Also, Chattanooga's SD locals are on the 72deg sat and she was told that would no longer be the case come 8-22. I was skeptical, but they all seemed to have the same information. 37323, the zip code given above, is from Cleveland, TN, which is in the Chattanooga DMA.

Only 38 more days to go!

RGJ,

We don't have a clue where you live, so it's really hard to say if they have your locals up in HD, or anytime soon.
Give us a city or a zip to work with.

Jimbo

Hello Jimbo,

Can you or anyone else possibly tell me if the zip code 62704, Springfield, IL will be getting Local HD channels in the near future?

Everytime I've called in the past year....or checked on the D* website it says coming soon but I have been hearing & reading that for over a year and a half...

Thank you in advance for all your help and input on this matter...

Last edited:
The best I can give you is that there will be a lot more locals going up once the next sat gets done testing and is up and operational.
Maybe even the ones where I live ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.