Can anyone guess the approximate Size of this C Band dish from the photo?

saboken

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2021
Dunmor KY
Sorry if I'm getting impatient to move into the house this C Band dish is at, I just grabbed a Street View of the Dish and part of the house "for security I don't want to show the entire house" do you think it's a 10' or larger? The dish is about 1/2 ac in from the road, the lot is 2 ac square. Sorry again I'm really getting excited to get free C band. It's located about 50 miles north of Tennessee so I should have no issues with getting a good signal I read the bigger the better for some satellites.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211219-173648~2.png
    Screenshot_20211219-173648~2.png
    678.5 KB · Views: 150
Sorry if I'm getting impatient to move into the house this C Band dish is at, I just grabbed a Street View of the Dish and part of the house "for security I don't want to show the entire house" do you think it's a 10' or larger? The dish is about 1/2 ac in from the road, the lot is 2 ac square. Sorry again I'm really getting excited to get free C band. It's located about 50 miles north of Tennessee so I should have no issues with getting a good signal I read the bigger the better for some satellites.
If you use Google Earth you can zoom in as close as possible directly above it's location and use the measuring too to get a rough estimate of the size. I've don't that before and it is surprising just how accurate it can be. :)

If you use Google Earth you can zoom in as close as possible directly above it's location and use the measuring too to get a rough estimate of the size. I've don't that before and it is surprising just how accurate it can be. :)
Didn't think of that, not sure if I can do it with a Mobile device? My PC was packed today. I'm going to give it a try.

I don't use mobile devices other than a cheap talk only cell phone so I can't say. Also depends on how recent the imagery for the area is.
Its about 4 years old based on what the owner told me had changed. The tool shows it's a little over 10" I think 10' I think it's to close to be a 12'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)