Can Anyone Help Me?

theworldca

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
This is my first time in this site, so correct me if im in the wrong forums.

Im trying to record movies from my receiver (dish netwok) to my VCR. Im geting picture but no sound does anybody know how to fix this problem.

I have just the basic connection the red and yellow are both plug in from the receiver to the t.v (the t.v has a built in vcr in it) and i have just the one cable going to the receiver.

I hope i gave you guys much details and you need anymore info let me know, i will keep checking this site for repleys.

Can you clarify your connection? You say you have red and yellow connected, but then you state you have one cable? What exactly do you have, two wires (red and yellow) or is it coax or what?

I have the red and yellow going from the receiver to the tv. keep in mind there is four heads tow yellow and two red, one of each is going from the receiver to the tv. and the cable is comeing from the dish itself. Hope i was clear.

Not sure what you mean by 'there is four heads tow yellow and two red' ?

AH the hell with it, im just going to buy a vcr. i think the problem is that the vcr is built insid the t.v. I looked in the back of the t.v and there is only one outlet for cable, and its for ANT only....oh well im just going to go to wal-mart and buy a new vcr. Thanks for trying atleast.

I think you should be able to hook up the red and yellow plug ins from one end of the cable into the matching color outputs on the receiver and then the red and yellow plug ins on the other end of the cable to the matching color inputs on the vcr.

The yellow connector I believe is the video one and the red would be audio. Normally though, there are a red and a white connector for the audio and the yellow for the video.

Edit: Do you have a coax cable input on your vcr. You might try that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)