Can Apple Herald a new sports broadcast possibility?

From wikipedia
Concerning VPNs

Consumer devices​

Consumer devices that enable television subscribers to transmit their home television feed outside their host area to a remote location over the Internet, a practice called placeshifting, have drawn the ire of MLB. MLB's position is that subscribers who wish to watch MLB telecasts while traveling either settle for the local telecasts available or subscribe to MLB's own broadcasts for an additional fee. Consumer advocates insist the practice is legal, since the remoted content is already purchased and is merely placeshifted by the subscriber; they claim MLB is asking fans to pay twice for the same content. MLB counters that travelers utilizing placeshifting technology are undercutting the blackout rights MLB grants to local and national broadcasters, as well as MLB's own internet service.[citation needed]

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don't the blackout rules protect the home market team. If I live in Tampa and want to watch the Yankees in the clear I can't do it.

Which is stealing.

Back on topic, the territorial system will never be changed. And the RSNs are not going away. The fees RSNs pay the teams, and the difference between them depending on market size, represent substantial portions (I have read 50%) of team revenues. The owners, who would have to be unanimous, are NEVER going to vote to change the system.

Really that simple. Yelling “no” over and over won’t change that.

Which is stealing.

Back on topic, the territorial system will never be changed. And the RSNs are not going away. The fees RSNs pay the teams, and the difference between them depending on market size, represent substantial portions (I have read 50%) of team revenues. The owners, who would have to be unanimous, are NEVER going to vote to change the system.

Really that simple. Yelling “no” over and over won’t change that.
Its not stealing because your paying for it....just get rid of RSNs and use extra innings...everybody pays the same price and just allow the fan to watch any game he wants...problem solved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)