Paramount+ and Roku problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
As of a few weeks ago, Rokus will not receive any HDR, including DV and Atmos. I've been looking around and can't seem to find a reason for it. Every think is fine on my Apple TV.

Yesterday, while putting in and testing new speakers, I always use Avengers Endgame for demo purposes, noticed I was not getting Atmos via Vudu on the Roku, went to Disney+, same issue, just Dolby Digital Plus.

Today, just now, everything is fine, says Atmos on my Yamaha 5200 Pre Pro, my guess is Roku pushed out a update this morning.

Edit-Yep, it says last updated Dec.21 8:06 am.

This is on a TCL 85” 7 Series Roku TV via Arc to the pre/pro.

Reactions: TheKrell
I got the update, too. Still no DV On PP! Even power booted the Roku

Those are Disney. The problem is with Paramount+!!!!!
You did not bring up just Paramount+ in your original post, just said Roku, which some would think meant all content in HDR/DV/Atmos from all providers-
As of a few weeks ago, Rokus will not receive any HDR, including DV and Atmos. I've been looking around and can't seem to find a reason for it. Every think is fine on my Apple TV.

You did not bring up just Paramount+ in your original post, just said Roku, which some would think meant all content in HDR/DV/Atmos from all providers-
Look at the title of the thread.

Reactions: Bobby
Ok, went on P+, looked up all the movies that are supposed to be in DV ( found lists online) and they all say HDR in the app, not DV,.

You are correct that HDR/DV does not work, but the point I was trying to make is DV works on all the other apps via the Roku which would mean, I believe, that this is a P+ app issue, not because of the Roku.

Ok, went on P+, looked up all the movies that are supposed to be in DV ( found lists online) and they all say HDR in the app, not DV,.

You are correct that HDR/DV does not work, but the point I was trying to make is DV works on all the other apps via the Roku which would mean, I believe, that this is a P+ app issue, not because of the Roku.
Not necessarily P's problem. When HBO Max was first made available to Roku, they had some bugs that lasted a couple of weeks. Roku took responsibility.

Just bought a 83” Sony A90 OLED, to my surprise, Star Trek Discovery is in 4K/Dolby Vision using the Google TV app.

Reactions: TheKrell
I am getting Star Trek: Discovery in DV using P+ on my Apple TV.
Same here, but I expect if I loaded the Paramount+ App on my LG WebOS it would, too. But my Paramount+ subscription is through Apple and the special deal includes Showtime, too, so I can’t access it without going through the AppleTV+ app.

Same here, but I expect if I loaded the Paramount+ App on my LG WebOS it would, too. But my Paramount+ subscription is through Apple and the special deal includes Showtime, too, so I can’t access it without going through the AppleTV+ app.
Just to clarify, I have a direct P+ subscription that I access on my Apple TV 4K box.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)