Problem with Sling DVR Recorded Content

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HighlanderCFH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Northwest Indiana
I'm wondering if anyone else with Sling TV is having the same problem as mine. It involved playback of the recordings I have made on the cloud DVR.

I have quite a few recordings of various programs, including Stargate SG-1. The playback of all my recordings used to be very smooth. However, over the past couple months, massive problems have taken place with the FF and RW functions to bypass commercial spots.

When using FF/RW, it simply does not work or, at best, only moves a few seconds instead of 30 second jumps. Sometimes it freezes the playback and other times jumps it all the way back to the beginning.

Anyone else having this kind of problem? I don't know if it is a problem with the DVR "up in the cloud," or if the app has become corrupted, or what.

All the programs played back with no RR/FF problems until a couple months ago and I'm trying to figure out if it is on Sling TV's end, or on my end.

Any suggestions?

My mom has problems with her shows being able to access them on her tv using the Air tv anywhere device on her Amazon Firestick. She can see the shows on her phone and play them. On the tv the shows have no pictures of the shows on the tiles and they just spin and never work. But only on her ota recordings, not on her cloud shows though.

I called Air tv support and we rebooted the fire stick and went into applications, then manage installed apps , clear cashe and force stopped. The first time it worked then I came back the next day and they were doing the same thing. So we called back and the tech told me to remove air tv ,added it back. Uninstalled the Sling tv app and then added it back. When we got through this time it still didn't work. She finally said that they were having problems with the ota local recordings on all platforms like Amazon Firestick and the Rokus too with several customers . She also said the software guys are going to have a meeting and download some new firm ware to fix this problem in another 5 to 7 business days. So they are supposedly working on fixing it. But this is DISH so who knows when it will be fixed.

If it keeps being a problem we will go with Youtube tv . I have used it a couple of times and it works well with unlimited dvr for all recordings. Sad I set her up with this Air tv anywhere and it has had a lot of problems . The firmware has to fix it and we don't know when they will happen. Like being a beta tester with satellite all over again.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts