Paramount+ and Roku problem

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
As of a few weeks ago, Rokus will not receive any HDR, including DV and Atmos. I've been looking around and can't seem to find a reason for it. Every think is fine on my Apple TV.

Yesterday, while putting in and testing new speakers, I always use Avengers Endgame for demo purposes, noticed I was not getting Atmos via Vudu on the Roku, went to Disney+, same issue, just Dolby Digital Plus.

Today, just now, everything is fine, says Atmos on my Yamaha 5200 Pre Pro, my guess is Roku pushed out a update this morning.

Edit-Yep, it says last updated Dec.21 8:06 am.

This is on a TCL 85” 7 Series Roku TV via Arc to the pre/pro.

Reactions: TheKrell
I got the update, too. Still no DV On PP! Even power booted the Roku

Those are Disney. The problem is with Paramount+!!!!!
You did not bring up just Paramount+ in your original post, just said Roku, which some would think meant all content in HDR/DV/Atmos from all providers-
As of a few weeks ago, Rokus will not receive any HDR, including DV and Atmos. I've been looking around and can't seem to find a reason for it. Every think is fine on my Apple TV.

You did not bring up just Paramount+ in your original post, just said Roku, which some would think meant all content in HDR/DV/Atmos from all providers-
Look at the title of the thread.

Reactions: Bobby
Ok, went on P+, looked up all the movies that are supposed to be in DV ( found lists online) and they all say HDR in the app, not DV,.

You are correct that HDR/DV does not work, but the point I was trying to make is DV works on all the other apps via the Roku which would mean, I believe, that this is a P+ app issue, not because of the Roku.

Ok, went on P+, looked up all the movies that are supposed to be in DV ( found lists online) and they all say HDR in the app, not DV,.

You are correct that HDR/DV does not work, but the point I was trying to make is DV works on all the other apps via the Roku which would mean, I believe, that this is a P+ app issue, not because of the Roku.
Not necessarily P's problem. When HBO Max was first made available to Roku, they had some bugs that lasted a couple of weeks. Roku took responsibility.

Just bought a 83” Sony A90 OLED, to my surprise, Star Trek Discovery is in 4K/Dolby Vision using the Google TV app.

Reactions: TheKrell
I am getting Star Trek: Discovery in DV using P+ on my Apple TV.
Same here, but I expect if I loaded the Paramount+ App on my LG WebOS it would, too. But my Paramount+ subscription is through Apple and the special deal includes Showtime, too, so I can’t access it without going through the AppleTV+ app.

Same here, but I expect if I loaded the Paramount+ App on my LG WebOS it would, too. But my Paramount+ subscription is through Apple and the special deal includes Showtime, too, so I can’t access it without going through the AppleTV+ app.
Just to clarify, I have a direct P+ subscription that I access on my Apple TV 4K box.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts