Can CE Download Affect Onkyo Receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I downloaded the CE Release 10/16 v.0368 this past Friday night & this Saturday & Sunday,I've noticed that my on screen set up for my Onkyo HT-S6100 HTIB receiver doesn't come up. I have a HR22-100 receiver that is connected to my Onkyo receiver by HDMI to the DVR/VCR port. I also have a Charter Motorola DCH6416 hooked up by HDMI to my Cable/Satellite port. I initially had the port hook-ups reversed(Charter DVR/VCR & D* Cable/Satellite) when I first got D* hooked up last September,but the sound from the charter box was bleeding through the HDMI port I was using for D*,so I switched port set ups. Then the port for Charter started saying that my HDCP was compromised & to use,basically component cable,blah,blah,blah,etc. So I had the sound for Charter go through a digital coaxial cable & that seemed to initially make the HDCP warning go away. I also have SkyAngel & I was using both component cable for it & the upconverter from my Onkyo receiver to broadcast 720p through my HDMI to my TV.
Ok,so now I can't get SkyAngel to run from the component cable through the up converter,I just get a blank screen. It will show up on my TV if I press the component button to broadcast it that way. My Charter box keeps saying HDCP is compromised & flickers now,& now I can't get the onscreen setup to come up on my screen. This all has just started happening this past weekend after the CE update. It could be other crap going on that just came to a head this weekend,but I don't know. I keep both D* & the Charter receivers on. It is just confusing to me. My receiver & TV are synced with both my Charter & D* receivers.My Onkyo remote can even control my Charter Box.

I downloaded the CE Release 10/16 v.0368 this past Friday night & this Saturday & Sunday,I've noticed that my on screen set up for my Onkyo HT-S6100 HTIB receiver doesn't come up. I have a HR22-100 receiver that is connected to my Onkyo receiver by HDMI to the DVR/VCR port. I also have a Charter Motorola DCH6416 hooked up by HDMI to my Cable/Satellite port. I initially had the port hook-ups reversed(Charter DVR/VCR & D* Cable/Satellite) when I first got D* hooked up last September,but the sound from the charter box was bleeding through the HDMI port I was using for D*,so I switched port set ups. Then the port for Charter started saying that my HDCP was compromised & to use,basically component cable,blah,blah,blah,etc. So I had the sound for Charter go through a digital coaxial cable & that seemed to initially make the HDCP warning go away. I also have SkyAngel & I was using both component cable for it & the upconverter from my Onkyo receiver to broadcast 720p through my HDMI to my TV.
Ok,so now I can't get SkyAngel to run from the component cable through the up converter,I just get a blank screen. It will show up on my TV if I press the component button to broadcast it that way. My Charter box keeps saying HDCP is compromised & flickers now,& now I can't get the onscreen setup to come up on my screen. This all has just started happening this past weekend after the CE update. It could be other crap going on that just came to a head this weekend,but I don't know. I keep both D* & the Charter receivers on. It is just confusing to me. My receiver & TV are synced with both my Charter & D* receivers.My Onkyo remote can even control my Charter Box.

I doubt that the CE would have any way effected the Onkyo recvr.
If you want , you could revert back to the National Release for the week and see if it changes anything and pick up the next CE next weekend.
Have you checked all your connections between the two, almost sounds like a bad connection, if it just now happened.

Sounds like an issue with the Onkyo receiver. Have you unplugged it? Try using the onscreen guide through s-video or component and redo the setup. I can't see how a CE release could affect your receiver. I could see the release causing HDMI handshake issues, but it wouldn't cause your onscreen menu/display to disappear on all the inputs.

Easy way to figure it out while we're in the CE phase tonight and tomorrow.

Tomorrow late in the afternoon reboot with a '02468' will force it back to the NR. Test your rig and see if anything works differently. If not, you can roll back to the current CE after 11pm eastern time with another reboot/02468.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)