Friday, October 16, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AMET

Risk Level for this Download: Customer Candidate

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
MRV has been removed as this is a customer candidate.

Previous Release Information:
New features
Left Menu appearance
Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
MRV is back!
New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift

Improved/Updated
Playlist touch ups
Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
"Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide

MRV will probably be gone for a while, a few weeks to get the national release right, and probably a few weeks to test out whatever they go after next before they put it back in. That is, anyway, if they do it like last time.

MRV will probably be gone for a while, a few weeks to get the national release right, and probably a few weeks to test out whatever they go after next before they put it back in. That is, anyway, if they do it like last time.

Picked the wrong time to jump into the program. :) Oh well, it's all good. Guess I'll download this one too if nothing than for S & Gs.

Release vs MRV

If this "candidate" becomes a "national release"... Will it overwrite those of us with 435f that have MRV?

The NR will have the same or a higher version number than the last CE, but it may take weeks or more to roll out to everyone and by then we should have another CE. Whether that CE will have MRV in it is another story.

From what I've heard, this release is targeting problems with activating certain model receivers, which is why the roll out of the last NR was so slow and kept stopping. It also addresses some performance and reliability issues that werent addressed before they shoved the last NR out the door, apparently before its time.

So now we know what 'under the hood' means.

I'm new to the CE arena. Just stumbled upon this FORUM looking to check out MRV options. OH MRV....my world for MRV.

Anyway...I just downloaded the v.0368 CE OS and I don't know if it's my imagination or not but this release has seemed to WAKE up my DVR's. They both seem to snap to the guide and tune to channels way quicker than what the receivers did before. There were many times when entering a new channel that the receiver would pause.....

pauses were annoying the heck out of me. Both the HR23-700 and HR21-100 I am using were pausing. NOW they seem to be much FASTER.

Anyway...my .02cents. I will continue to watch carefully how this OS works and post if there are any issues.

BTW...I am also using Tversity and have both receivers linked by 10/100 Netgear switch. The Tversity is still working correctly after software update.

fly

I'm new to the CE arena. Just stumbled upon this FORUM looking to check out MRV options. OH MRV....my world for MRV.

Anyway...I just downloaded the v.0368 CE OS and I don't know if it's my imagination or not but this release has seemed to WAKE up my DVR's. They both seem to snap to the guide and tune to channels way quicker than what the receivers did before. There were many times when entering a new channel that the receiver would pause.....

pauses were annoying the heck out of me. Both the HR23-700 and HR21-100 I am using were pausing. NOW they seem to be much FASTER.

Anyway...my .02cents. I will continue to watch carefully how this OS works and post if there are any issues.

BTW...I am also using Tversity and have both receivers linked by 10/100 Netgear switch. The Tversity is still working correctly after software update.

fly

Are you are saying you are running 0x368 and you have MRV working via TVersity?

Maybe I should state what I want in MRV. I want to be able to watch the recordings on my DVR in the family room from my Living Room and Vice Versa.

So to hopefully answer your question accurately...no I don't have MRV. I would like it badly!!

I am using Tversity to view video files I have on my PC located in the other room. I have cat5 from the router to the 10/100 switch and both dvr's plugged into the switch. I understand I can connect using the ethernet ports on the back of the receiver as there are two ports for this but I chose to use the switch instead.

fly

I gotta say, this is the fastest release I've used. Scrolling the guide, changing channels, going through menus, all much faster than before. I have fallen behind lately though and havent tried a CE release since the last national release though.

So to hopefully answer your question accurately...no I don't have MRV. I would like it badly!!

Until a couple weeks ago the CE release had MRV code in it so you can do what you want, but since DirecTV's trying to get this code ready for a national/public release they removed the MRV code. Once DirecTV feels that the CE code is ready for public release you can expect to see the MRV code added back in to a future CE release.

HR21-100 with AM21

Very impressed with the GUI/remote response so far. This may be the best CE speedwise since I've been doing CE's 16 months ago. I'll give it another day or two before making a final judgement though. But if it stays this way, my wife may not want to cancel afterall because of the remote response issues once our contract is up.

A big no thanks on this download. MRV isn't perfect yet, but to not have MRV is a crime. Once you have it your won't want to go back. Sure it is still slow on the response from the remote but well worth living with. This past CE with MRV has been far more stable than any previous versions. I have had to reboot my machines one time on one machine. I used to do it every couple of days per box. MRV is what will keep Directv competitive in the market place with dish and Fios having their own multi-room flavors, plus the $$ savings your get from direct. Can anyone say DVR fee comparisons, Directv blows away everyone on this fee.

I have to agree. I have had MRV before with a couple of old Directivo(s) that has some minor "mods" to the linux OS on the hard drive. Just networked together and had MRV...and it worked flawless!! :)

The MRV experience was golden.

I hate having to watch TV in the other room in order to watch my shows. With MRV I am able to watch ALL of my shows from my favorite room on my favorite TV. It seems silly to me that DTV released a Cutting Edge DVR WITHOUT MRV??? :eek:

I believe DISH Network has MRV? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also agree that I would sacrifice some speed to enjoy MRV. However...I would NOT be willing to sacrifice ANY STABILITY in order to have MRV. I want to come home from a hard day in the trenches and know that barring a thundershower...my shows ALL recorded.

I have been a DTV subscriber for years and LOVE directv.......but just in case DirecTV is listening..... I want MRV....PLEASE!!!!!! :D

fly