Can DishNetwork do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
DishNetwork and the local ABC affiliate in Des Moines could not reach an agreement so they quit broadcasting as of today. Eric Sahl is blah blah blahing about it. The kicker is they hijacked my OTA station which is connected to the outside antenna port on the 722 and have that blocked also. "John"

I have never heard of DSIH or DTV interfering with OTA reception. In fact the last time DISH hada dispute with an OTA ststion in my area they offered antenns (cheap Terk antenns but antenns).

They did NOT (or can they, think about it) hijack your OTA. You probably removed the local at some time since you once had it on Sat. Rescan.

they were fighting with my local ABS and took the channel off the air 1/1/08 Luckily it returned a couple of weeks ago.

But during this time on the sat. channel they played a loop about how the station wanted a 300% increase. But if I tunned to the OTA channel I could see the broadcast just fine. Now what I figured out is I could set up timers for a week out on the OTA because the schedule was correct that far out. But when it recorded it wouldn't look right in the DVR list but actually recorded just fine. This works for regular timers not just Manual timers.

I hope I've explained it in well enough that you can understand what I'm trying to get across.

Basically set you timers the first time a week out and as long as they are still sending the correct guide information for next week the DVR will record it correctly.

HTH,
Chris

Eric is on channels 9110 (the dish local), 5 (my ota analog) and 5.1 (my ota digital). How would rescanning affect that?

Correction. Eric is on 9110 (dish local) 5 (analog) but even though the guide for 5.1 says "IMPORTANT INFO" I am getting the soaps.

Sounds like they hijacked your guide data which is an interesting tactic.

Exact same thing is going on here in Central Missouri. Our local CBS affiliate and Dish haven't been able to come to an agreement, so the Program Guide shows "Important Info" , but I can still see the channel via OTA. We're slated to receive local HDs through Dish sometime this summer...wonder if this dispute will alter the plans any.

Dare I ask again why Dish thinks they are losing customers?

Companies owning local affilliates are the ones to blame here, not E*. Over the last year or 2 they have started asking ridiculous amounts of money to retrans a station that is available free OTA.

I know that. I am talking about how they also turned off the OTA service as well; come on, that's ridiculous . . . if that is indeed the case here.

I know that. I am talking about how they also turned off the OTA service as well; come on, that's ridiculous . . . if that is indeed the case here.

Dish did not turn off the ota service. Check again, it doesnt matter what the guide or info says, tune to the channel, you will get the programming ota thru your dish receiver. Same here in baton rouge for the abc. The guide and info says "abc2 wants a 150% increase, blah, etc," but the programming/channel still comes in fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)