Can DVR1100 be safely connected to 3ABN Dish?

tag425, yes, I'm in Washington, Clarkston, about as far from Olympia as I can get and still stay in the state.

Sympathies. Two of us tried, a couple of times each alone, twice together. When I took my pre-tuned Glorystar receiver and set it and the tv at the dish instead of watching the tv through a window, I started turning the dish back toward the AMC-4 mark and got the signal within a minute or two. I have no idea why it makes such a difference to have the tv at the dish, but it sure did. We had been watching thru the window, so immediate feedback wasn't the answer. And No, you shouldn't need to get the Glorystar system unless you want to receive from both AMC-4 and G-19 seamlessly.

We marked the AMC-4 position as recommended before we started adjusting the dish, and for our location, the mark moved less than 1/8 inch from its AMC-4 position.

If possible, find or borrow a receiver already tuned to G-19, I think that would be a big help. Elevation changes only 1 or 2 degrees, so something is drastically wrong with a 30 degree to 50 degree difference. Some markings or readings are out of line.

I spent and hour and a half yesterday trying to repeak a dish to G19 from AMC4 for a customer. He is using a GeoSat 1000ci. I am a professional installer, so I hav all of my bases covered on the basics(pole being plumb, checked for bad equipment, etc.). Following the instructions I have tuned the dish toG19, and I am able to get 76% S.Q. on channel 101, but when I move up to channel 113 it is zero. I have tried fine tuning the dish, adjusting the LNB both clockwise and counter-clockwise, and sliding it closer to the dish. I did manage to get the signal quality to about 45% on channel 113 a few times, but when I did the signal quality on 101 was around 45% as well. Maybe I am doing something wrong and just don't realize it. For reference, I am in Central Arkansas.

I spent and hour and a half yesterday trying to repeak a dish to G19 from AMC4 for a customer. He is using a GeoSat 1000ci. I am a professional installer, so I hav all of my bases covered on the basics(pole being plumb, checked for bad equipment, etc.). Following the instructions I have tuned the dish toG19, and I am able to get 76% S.Q. on channel 101, but when I move up to channel 113 it is zero. I have tried fine tuning the dish, adjusting the LNB both clockwise and counter-clockwise, and sliding it closer to the dish. I did manage to get the signal quality to about 45% on channel 113 a few times, but when I did the signal quality on 101 was around 45% as well. Maybe I am doing something wrong and just don't realize it. For reference, I am in Central Arkansas.

The DVR1000ci instructions do not reference channel 113. We believe that you are following the instructions for the DVR1100c model and not the DVR 1000ci. Download the installation instructions for the GEOSATpro DVR1000ci at: http://www.glorystar.tv/p/atvmove

The DVR1000ci instructions do not reference channel 113. We believe that you are following the instructions for the DVR1100c model and not the DVR 1000ci. Download the installation instructions for the GEOSATpro DVR1000ci at: Free Christian Satellite Television - No Monthly Fees from Glorystar Christian Satellite!
Just typed the wrong model number in, it was actually a 200 series GeoSat. I did download the instructions and they weren't much help. On my own I was was able to figure out that apparently the beam for GalaxyStar 19 is very narrow, got it working.

You are in Washington? I read your thread on the forum. I am having difficulty aiming my dish at the G 19 satellite... I have a geosat pro dish, with one LNBF, have fortec star lifetime ultra receiver. I could really use some help, I think would only take a few minutes, If we had help... So far we have spent hours trying to aim correctly. We are in Olympia WA zip 98513
I hope that you have had success by now. I left early in the morning of the 20th for Everett / Kirkland etc and spent several days helping others get their dishes aligned. If I had read your post before I left, I would have been glad to stop in and help you get it tuned in. The receiver and TV at the dish seems to be the MOST important items to align the GLORYSTAR system. I carry an inverter and 250 feet of extention cord so I can always get close.:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Maybe the angels do not like crawling through a long piece of cable, :rolleyes: or the "dark siders" have more room to mess things up with long confusing runs!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :p

I am about as close to Oregon as the OP (RichardT) in Clarkston is to Idaho. We have only two houses that I can see between us and the Columbia River and Oregon. The first one is about a mile south --- the total distance is about 5 miles!

Thanks to Brian and crew for all the provisions and help.:)
POP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)