Can Gilbert Arenas "dodge a bullet"?

You speculated if it was a first place team it may not come out in public. I gave you an example of a first place team where it DID come out in public.

And Plaxico was good enough that the indicent did end the Giants' chances last year.

Just like how the golfing press covered up for Tiger Woods all this time? ;)

Sandra

Again, Plaxico was not THE star...AND his situation is different where his was in public at a nightly club....tons of NON-teammate witnessess. There is NO WAY you can cover that up. BIG difference.....

And Tiger's is ALSO very different. They were exploiting something that IS a personal family issue and is NONE of our business. The other is POSIBBLE gun play at a business....COMPLETELY different.

Again, Plaxico was not THE star...AND his situation is different where his was in public at a nightly club....tons of NON-teammate witnessess. There is NO WAY you can cover that up. BIG difference.....

Well, you must have forgotten...they DID try to cover it up.

Antonio Pierce took Plaxico to Columbia Presbyterian where he knew a particular doctor, they checked in under a fake name, the hospital was reprimanded for not reporting the gunshot wound right away, Pierce was questioned by the DA as an accomplice, etc.

If you want to worry about defining whether Plaxico was THE STAR or not, go right ahead. The facts still stand.

Again, you said it may not happen with a first place team, I gave you an example where it happened with a first place team. ;)

Sandra

Well, you must have forgotten...they DID try to cover it up.

Antonio Pierce took Plaxico to Columbia Presbyterian where he knew a particular doctor, they checked in under a fake name, the hospital was reprimanded for not reporting the gunshot wound right away, Pierce was questioned by the DA as an accomplice, etc.

If you want to worry about defining whether Plaxico was THE STAR or not, go right ahead. The facts still stand.

Again, you said it may not happen with a first place team, I gave you an example where it happened with a first place team. ;)

Sandra

Your not getting it.....what happened differently was MAJOR. ONE, he shot himself....and regardless of whether he used a fake name or not...the hospital HAS TO call the police. Areas did not shoot anyone. Secondly, it happened in a PUBLIC place. NOT the privacy of the team lockerroom...where just about anything that happens there....can usually stay there. This did not happen in a night club.

There was NO WAY in hell the Plaxico issue was gonna be kept hush.

Your not getting it.....what happened differently was MAJOR. ONE, he shot himself....and regardless of whether he used a fake name or not...the hospital HAS TO call the police. Areas did not shoot anyone. Secondly, it happened in a PUBLIC place. NOT the privacy of the team lockerroom...where just about anything that happens there....can usually stay there. This did not happen in a night club.

There was NO WAY in hell the Plaxico issue was gonna be kept hush.

Well, the nightclub didn't report it, and the hospital tried to not report it. Obviously they tried to cover it up, even though it happened in public. If they were successful in covering it up, of course, we never would have known, would we? ;)

But in direct response to your initial point that the standings are a factor, yes, the Giants were in first place at the time.

Sandra

Well, the nightclub didn't report it, and the hospital tried to not report it. Obviously they tried to cover it up, even though it happened in public. If they were successful in covering it up, of course, we never would have known, would we? ;)

But in direct response to your initial point that the standings are a factor, yes, the Giants were in first place at the time.

Sandra

....Please show me where the hospital covered or tried to cover it up? I do not remember the hospital doing this.

AND the direct response ot your response is that it COMPLETELY different....and I clearly showed you why.

....Please show me where the hospital covered or tried to cover it up? I do not remember the hospital doing this.

AND the direct response ot your response is that it COMPLETELY different....and I clearly showed you why.

That was a major topic of conversation up here at the time. Probably not down there. ;)

Sandra

That was a major topic of conversation up here at the time. Probably not down there. ;)

Sandra

Believe me, there are MORE than enough New Yorkers down here to supply PLENTY of NY sports news.

Can you please provide where the hospital tried to hide/cover-up this story? I am very curious to read this.

Believe me, there are MORE than enough New Yorkers down here to supply PLENTY of NY sports news.

Can you please provide where the hospital tried to hide/cover-up this story? I am very curious to read this.

I already stated is was a major topic of conversation up here...

Sandra

Salsa, I'm trying to wrap my head around your argument...

Are you saying a professional sports team or league would cover up a crime/scandal IF it benefited them? (Ie. team was winning)

If that was the case, how did the steroid scandal get as big as it ever did in baseball? And where was the cover for the biggest name in baseball (A-Rod) on the biggest team in the league (World Series' Champion, NY Yankees)?

What about Kobe Bryant? His rape allegations were at a time when the Lakers were the best team in the NBA and Kobe Bryant was the best player in the league. Where was the cover there?

What about Kobe Bryant? His rape allegations were at a time when the Lakers were the best team in the NBA and Kobe Bryant was the best player in the league. Where was the cover there?

Ooh, excellent point. Forgot about that. :up

Sandra

Salsa, I'm trying to wrap my head around your argument...

Are you saying a professional sports team or league would cover up a crime/scandal IF it benefited them? (Ie. team was winning)

If that was the case, how did the steroid scandal get as big as it ever did in baseball? And where was the cover for the biggest name in baseball (A-Rod) on the biggest team in the league (World Series' Champion, NY Yankees)?

No I am saying, WOULD they cover it up IF they were winning or if the play IS THE star? I think they would....hell, like I said, WILBON...you know, from PTI fame stated that teams do it all the time. AND have done it before. Are you gonna dispute what he said? I mean there is a PODCAST/recording on 790 The ticket website if you wanna hear it.....This is not something I am pullig out of my a$$.

The Kobe situation is AGAIN different. HE did what he did with someone that was not a team member and he physically hurt someone OUTSIDE the realm of the looker room. Apples and Bananas.....

No I am saying, WOULD they cover it up IF they were winning or if the play IS THE star? I think they would....hell, like I said, WILBON...you know, from PTI fame stated that teams do it all the time. AND have done it before. Are you gonna dispute what he said? I mean there is a PODCAST/recording on 790 The ticket website if you wanna hear it.....This is not something I am pullig out of my a$$.

The Kobe situation is AGAIN different. HE did what he did with someone that was not a team member and he physically hurt someone OUTSIDE the realm of the looker room. Apples and Bananas.....

How does Wilbon know teams cover crimes/scandals up all the time? Is this his opinion or fact? And if Wilbon finds out, the powers that be aren't doing a good job in "covering things up" in the first place, don't you think?

And I want know where did you get that the hospital tried to cover it up? Did a TV station, radio station or a newpaper report this? Or was this someone that just brought it up on talk radio...?

THAT'S what the major topic of conversation was all about! The DA and NYPD spoke to hospital, the doctor, Antonio Pierce, the Giants organization, etc.

Sandra

How does Wilbon know teams cover crimes/scandals up all the time? Is this his opinion or fact? And if Wilbon finds out, the powers that be aren't doing a good job in "covering things up" in the first place, don't you think?

Because Wilbon is of PTI FAME!!! :rolleyes:

Didn't you read that part? :D

Sandra

THAT'S what the major topic of conversation was all about! The DA and NYPD spoke to hospital, the doctor, Antonio Pierce, the Giants organization, etc.

Sandra

There has to be SOMEWHERE where it says that...hhmmm....??!! I am asking you to back up that claim with something. Not one of those hersays of "they say....".
You say "the DA/NYPD/hospital/doctors....WHERE or WHO says the hospital was covering it up?

Show me something.

There has to be SOMEWHERE where it says that...hhmmm....??!! I am asking you to back up that claim with something. Not one of those hersays of "they say....".
You say "the DA/NYPD/hospital/doctors....WHERE or WHO says the hospital was covering it up?

Show me something.

Oh my goodness this post is just way too murky for my inferior St. John's-educated brain to decipher!

There were investigations by the NYPD and the DA. If you want to believe....well, I don't know what you want to believe....but go ahead and believe whatever you like.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)