Can HDMI look WORSE than COMPONENT Cables?

vismich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
I recently got HDTV through Dish. I was using Component cables while my HDMI cable worked it's way through the mail to me. I received it last night, and I think it looks too Digital or pixelated or something...

Is that possible?

Can HDMI look worse?

Alos, for some reason, I do not get Sound with the HDMI cables unless I hold the power button down for 5 seconds and reboot the wholoe system every time...

Why is that?

There are also problems on the TV side with some HDMI inputs. We sell a number of TV brands in our stores, and the technology works OK most of the time, but there are still some bugs to be worked out on both ends. It's not always Dish's fault.

Bob

I have a JVC that lloks better with component than hdmi, but it only has one component set and I need that for DVD, so I use the HDMI, but not by choice. I say try both and use the one that looks the best.

Yeah your Tv will play a factor on how well things will look! Right now some manfuatures of TV's are have some issues with the HDMI standard it is still some what buggy..

I've read a number of reports about TVs that had poorly implemented HDMI inputs. No guarantee at all that HDMI will be better, but it is usually better.

You also may need to adjust your TV settings - color, brightness, tint, picture/contrast, etc. On some TVs the optimal settings for component can be quite different than for HDMI. So if you first optimize for component and then switch over to HDMI to compare, then HDMI might look much worse. You would need to twiddle with your settings to make HDMI look as good as it can, before forming a final opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)