Legacy remote

You program a legacy remote by throwing it in the trash can and going to wal-mart and buying a universal remote.

rich88 said:
You program a legacy remote by throwing it in the trash can and going to wal-mart and buying a universal remote.

ROFL!!! That's a good one!

In all seriousness, I would just trade the damn thing in for a "DP" remote. Unless it's a UHF situation, it will work in the place of your old remote.

It's not for me. I did a dish mover today for an old lady. She had a 2700 and was asking me how she was supposed to turn the tv off and on with it. Somebody had already programmed it for volume, but theres not a dedicated button for the tv functions. So I was at a loss. I"m supposed to know this stuff!

Like I previously posted, I usually tend to keep a few extra, used remotes on my truck. Usually from RA's or de-installs. It's usually a matter of swapping it out. I try to emphasize the fact that they ARE used/previously owned remotes. Most people don't care. Just as long as it's working.

heh, thanks Pepper. The 2700 remote does not have a tv button at all. I was reading the user manual for the 2700 on that link you posted, and maybe I'm reading it wrong, but am I to understand that the remote doesn't have to be programmed? that somehow it just controls the volume automatically? This can't be right.

I, too, carry extra remotes on my truck. I was just wondering how to program the legacy remotes, just so I wouldnt have to give up my extras, or just so I'd know how. :p I didn't see any codes for the 2700 remote. This is certainly a mystery.

Aha! I found it. Apparantly you can program that remote to adjust the volume, but you CAN'T program it to turn the tv off and on!. That was a very helpful site, Pepper. thanks!

i dont know about the 2700... but some of the old remotes didnt control the tv... there are some... 111 for one example.... that controled the volumer through the reciever

The 2700 had a simple remote it only operated the satellite receiver and used a variable output from the satellite receiver to control volume the on /off and actual volume were controlled by the original TV remote. That simple remote needs to be replaced by a blue button remote and you need to go into the menu and change the volume setting back to the TV set instead of the receiver. The 2700/2800 and 3700 I believe all worked this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)