Can I activate my 622, but keep April 1st install??

Spinerep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Waterloo,SC
Ok, I just got my 622, and I'm dying to hook it up and see what the fuss is all about! The thing is, I only have a Dish 500 and I have an install date for April 1st. Can I hook up the 622 and call and activate without messing up the install date? I still need to get the other dish installed. I would imagine I could call activate it, and then tell them that I (pretending to be the installer) will be back on the first and to leave the work order open. Will this work?
Russ

At this late date, given potential for complication, I would advise against us. Many have reported that they were able to have their 622 activated, but in doing so, the work order for antenna installation was closed resulting in an additional headache of rescheduling the installation and once again getting the date for installation moved out.

I was in the same situation as you are right now. Received my leased 622 from Dish last Thursday, but my installation was scheduled for Friday. Instead of waiting idly, I unboxed the unit, then hooked it up so the firmware was downloaded prior to the installation. I was also able to program remote codes and get to the setup menu to scan for and save my local OTA stations.

Once done with that, I reconnected my existing receiver so that I could go back to my normal viewing.

Once the installer came, all he had to do was mount, aim, peak, and plug a cable into my switch.

Having been an early (ahem $1,000) adopter of the 921, I can say that the wait for the 622 was worth it!

Good luck!

Spence

Spinerep said:
Ok, I just got my 622, and I'm dying to hook it up and see what the fuss is all about! The thing is, I only have a Dish 500 and I have an install date for April 1st. Can I hook up the 622 and call and activate without messing up the install date? I still need to get the other dish installed. I would imagine I could call activate it, and then tell them that I (pretending to be the installer) will be back on the first and to leave the work order open. Will this work?
Russ

Dish currently WILL NOT activate for the customer prior to install date.

If you know the installer you may be able to get him to call Dish and activate the unit and still come on scheduled date. That's what I did but my installer knows me and knew I was good for paying anything above normal install since Dish WILL close out the order once he calls.

Spinerep said:
Russ

They absolutely refused to activate my 622 without the installer certifying everything was okay. They said they could add it to my account but could not remove the 211 without the installer. If I cancelled the install they said I would mail back the 622.

Spinerep said:
Spence,
Thanks for the input! Looks like I will wait (ERGH!!!!!). But, I will go ahead and do like you did.
Just keep in mind that while you can scan for and add your OTA channels, they too are locked down until the unit is authorized.

Basically, you are stuck with a receiver that can pick up the basic Dish Network informational channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)