Problems Subbing my 721

Chugalug

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Just Around The Corner....
Hey

I bought a new 721 off of ebay and it came with an old blue card. So I thought hey I can just call and sub this with this card and they will send me out a new card to replace it. So after going through the whole subbing process etc I am getting error messages on the screen. The guy on the phone is saying well we need to give it 24hours to see if it will activate cause the card is current and everything and if it doesn;t activate within 24hours then we will need to send you a new receiver. THis guy didnt ask what color the card was or anything. So what should I do, should I just call and say the card is blue thats why its not working, you figure they would be able to tell that in thier system. Was this guys just trying to get rid of me cause he didnt know what he was doing, so should I call again and try again, or just call and say this is a blue card thats why its not working.

Sounds like a confused CSR. Call back, ask for a supervisor if necessary. The other problem you might have is that the receiver cant be activated for some reason, thats the risk you take buying them off Ebay.

Dish told me that if you have software that is too old in the receiver (basically if you do not have fairly recent software) then they will not be able to get a different card to work in the receiver (if you want to put a different card in the receiver than what was married to it previously).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)