Can I add receivers on line?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wonderfred

Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Ontario
I am going to be setting up an account with Direct in the next few days. I have several receivers with cards that I will be installing myself in the near future.
When I activate one receiver over the phone and pay my account, will I be able to add receivers on line on my account after that or do I have to phone in each time I add a new receiver in my house?

Thanks

You have to phone it in from what I've seen.

I'm n the same boat (want to add a new receiver) and when I go to my account the only thing I can "add" is to buy a reciever

Have to call. One reason is they are supposed to explain the lease agreement (extension) when you activate a receiver that is new to you (often a refurb, used, etc is still new to your account thus an extension).

Doesn't always happen but they should.

Have to call. One reason is they are supposed to explain the lease agreement (extension) when you activate a receiver that is new to you (often a refurb, used, etc is still new to your account thus an extension).

Doesn't always happen but they should.

You'd think a web page that opens up with BIG RED LETTERS that says, "Hey, Dude, this is a leased box and you don't own it or any part of it, and you also are extending your service commitment for 24 months by activating it", and a checkbox to acknowledge would serve the purpose just fine. :rolleyes:

But hey, I am no lawyer......

only phone system is do-able!

DTV used to enable online activation, but it's been changed to phone system only. 1800DIRECTV>enter home fone>activation>csr agent!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts