Can I back out of a new 24-month contract? (re: broken Hopper)

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I've just upgraded from a 722k to a Hopper and I'm having trouble where the receiver stops processing the IR remote signal. I have several remotes that work and then all suddenly stop until I unplug and replug in the power to the receiver.

I'm a bit nervous and didn't want to sign another 24-month contract but I did it anyways. Is there a 3-day, 10-day, or any type of refund that I'm eligible for? (i.e. can I go back to my 722k and void the new contract?)

Yeah, I might consider that option but I want to make sure that I know my options. Comcast gives something like 2 weeks to make sure you're happy, etc, so I'm hoping that dish has the same policy...

You have posted so many problems recently maybe you should ask DISH if they will allow you to terminate your account without ETF.

Had a customer that upgraded to the Hopper and had trouble and service calls to match every week or so, dish finally swapped out everything inplace of all the hoppers and Joey's.

I'm not sure they had as many problems as they said they were due to only happening when not around, but you have hope. They down graded everything to VIP equipment.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about the equipment since I still own my 722k and I can hook it back up myself, but I don't want to be locked into the 24-month contract if I go back to my old equipment...

Once the commitment is signed, there is no trial period for receiver upgrades. If you would like assistance with the Hopper, please send me a private message

Thanks for the information...

I've also spoken with the loyalty department and also said I couldn't do anything about it. They did let me return to my old equipment though (hurray, I guess).

I hope that Dish changes their policy because both Comcast and Tivo (and probably others) let you have a couple of days to make sure you're happy. Dish doesn't exactly have a store you can go to and see their new equipment and test it before you "buy" it. Therefore, the only way to try it is it sign a new contract and then if you aren't happy it's too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts