Can I broadcast a satellite signal across a room?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wam37

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
I have a DIRECTV HDTV Receiver with Integrated 250GB TiVo Digital Video Recorder Model: HR10-250 and a triple LNB dish. I had another thread on here on ways to get the second tuner working across one line and no really good answers came up beyond running a second line (problematical) or using a stacker/destacker (expensive).

I was wondering if I could broadcast the signal across the room instead? the following item looks as if it may do the trick-- Wireless Cable TV Kit CATV2400 (system will not let me post a link...Google it). It says it works with satellite systems. As I am not trying to get a second TV running the issue of watching the same channel as the main tuner is not a problem. Across the room I have another cable jack (perhaps 50' away) with line-of-sight to the main television system. This is already wired to the main satellite dish so effectively has its own line.

In short, will this work with what I have above? Most specifically a triple-LNB/HDTV setup?

Thanks.

Try this again and see if I can post a link...

Bah...thing says I need at least 5 posts before I can post a link to avoid spam. Fair enough except my post count says I have 6...dunno what's up. Sorry no link...

Hmmm...looking at the back of the unit it looks like the product I mentioned above will not work. The output on the remote unit is just a standard A/V (red, white, yellow) output meant to go to the TV and not a cable output that would actually plug into my second tuner.

Bummer...

You spent $1000 on a HDTiVo but are unwilling to run a second line?

That doesn't quite make sense to me.

Even the most careful and beautiful of wall fishes shouldn't run more than $100.

There's really no other good solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)