Can I connect my HR22 directly to SWM2 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jvfan57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
WA
The SWM1/PWR side on my SWM8 switch is max'd out with 8 tuners. I know a green splitter would be ideal, but can I connect my HR22 directly to SWM2 port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure.
The SWM1/PWR side on my SWM8 switch is max'd out with 8 tuners. I know a green splitter would be ideal, but can I connect my HR22 directly to SWM2 port?

A SWiM8 can only support 8 tuners. Are you sure you don't a SWiM16?

Sorry Yes SWiM16 is what I have! Thanks

I just plugged my HR 22 into port 2 and it says cannot detect swim. I haven't use this receiver for a long time do I have to do a software update? This was on an SL5 dish before.

I just plugged my HR 22 into port 2 and it says cannot detect swim. I haven't use this receiver for a long time do I have to do a software update? This was on an SL5 dish before.

Go into the setup menu & change the switch/dish setting to SWM 3 or 5, according to which dish you actually have now & it should detect it.

Did SL5 & SWM but HR22 not detecting

Yes, no B-Band converter & only Sat1 is connected to line running to IRD port. I'm connecting it directly right now as process of elimination. Latest software 0x09DD.

Ok I'm getting all confused. Long & the short of it is that my HR22 used to be connected to an SL5 with WB68 multiswitch with Bband adaptors. Now I'm trying to get it to work with our SWiM setup (was using Port 2) & the HR22 does not detect the SWM16. The SWM16 works cuz we have a HR44 Genie along with an H25 & HR23 hooked up to Port 1 & all are working!

Run a coax from swm9-16 to input 1 on the hr22, rbr the 22 then when it gets to step 1 of 2 hit menu, settings, satellite, repeat sat setup. Slimeline-x, multiswitch swm, next. That should do it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

twizt3dkitty:

Thank you! Thank you! Your suggested procedure worked!

Reactions: Troch77
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts