Can I correct the time on my program guide?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Bought an additional Dish receiver (used). Noticed last night that it displays the wrong time in the program guide. The program information itself is correct, but the time is 1 hour ahead. I unplugged the receiver, plugged it back in. After it acquired the satellite signal, it showed the correct time, for an instant, then jumped an hour ahead. How can I correct this?

call tech support and let them know. They can force it to change

This happened when I reactivated a receiver this winter that was disco'd in the summer. It was an hour ahead.

tech support had me pull the access card, unplug the receiver - after doing each of these, the correct time appeared for a second & then jumped an hour ahead. Our area is now on daylight savings time. why can't dish correct this problem? they supposedly sent some type of report to the engineers so that they could revise the software. I told him there was no way the engineers were going to spend time on this problem. He asked me to give the problem a couple of days, if it wasn't resolved, they would send me a replacement. all of this conversation was supposedly noted on my record.

you might be right..........but it should operate properly now. What happens when time switches again in the fall, put up with the same problem?

bnewt said:
you might be right..........but it should operate properly now. What happens when time switches again in the fall, put up with the same problem?

I was the one having problems in the other link about the memory dump

If you are not comfortable to do this, then don't. ( I tried it on my regular 301 boxes before I took it to the DVR just incase something happened. I heard it can fry your box if you do it wrong) I tried it about 10 times before I did it on the 510, 5 seconds later no more problem.

MENU-6-3-INFO-Right-Left

Then you press Tv/Video to erase the RAM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts