can i dishnetwork single lnb dish be used for amc4 and

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
galaxy 10R? From what i seen most of the programming that i want is off those 2 sats..Will be getting a pansat 2700A mainly cause it works with dishpro lnb's and switches which i have a couple laying around.Will the 18" dishes work to grab those 2 sats in northeast Pa?

darn...thought maybe i could use some of my dish stuff yet..oh well...Thanks any particular kind of ku lnb?

A STANDARD (L.O. = 10750)

Or UNIVERSAL (L.O. = 09750-10600)

These are linear LNB as the signal comes down from the satellite Horizontally or Vertically.

Where as the DBS LNB's use a circular signal (Right or Left) with a L.O. of 11250.

lime4x4 said:
Will the 18" dishes work to grab those 2 sats in northeast Pa?

You need a minimum of a 76cm dish (which probably won't work worth a toot for G10) but preferably a 90cm dish or bigger (Think 3 feet wide) for G10. The DBS satellites are high power sats (110watts per transponder) which allows them to get away with the smaller dish. Most commercial satellites (Like G10) have 25 watt or 35 watt transponders which means you need the bigger dish for adequet signal strength for a watchable picture.

The 18" and LNB will get you the Dish audio & radio stations on ExpressVu

For everything else, you need a different LNB and a 30" or larger dish (as noted above) :)

thanks well i already have the big 105 superdish up there so what's another 30" dish...lol

lime4x4 said:
thanks well i already have the big 105 superdish up there so what's another 30" dish...lol

exactly :)

Some of us have a few large dishes on the roof (me for example)
37x27 for StarChoice
2 30" dishes for FTA
39x23
36" for Galaxy 10 :)

Arion said:
You need a minimum of a 76cm dish (which probably won't work worth a toot for G10) but preferably a 90cm dish or bigger (Think 3 feet wide) for G10.
I am in Northern Vermont and I use a 76cm winegard for g10. It works pretty good, tho I do lose signal if there are heavy storms in the area. Having said that, the bigger the dish the more signal you will collect, so in this case bigger is better.

bigger is better

Before you spend money on a 30, read IceBerg's review of the 36.
At just a few dollars more, I know -I- would be insane to not get it.
However, to each his own. ;)

Ok i'm lost your telling me to use a ku lnb but lyngast has it has dvb..I thought dvb was like dish lnb's or is my thinking totally off here??

There are two types of ku LNB's. One type is linear and is used for FTA. The other type is circular and is used for DBS. Hope this clears this up.

Al

Edit: BTW, they may be DVB or DSS... "I Think"....

lime4x4 said:
Ok i'm lost your telling me to use a ku lnb but lyngast has it has dvb..I thought dvb was like dish lnb's or is my thinking totally off here??

DVB, short for Digital Video Broadcasting, is a suite of internationally accepted, open standards for encoding digital television signals. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)