Can I fix this issue myself?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pamschreiner

Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Log Lane Village, CO
My dish dvr 625 was running normally for the most part, with little issues that just took resetting the unit. Today, however, when I tried to replay a recorded event, I got the message, 'a problem was encountered when opening the files for this dvr event. Please note error code 05'. I cannot play any of my recorded events. I have tried resetting the receiver 3 times, to no avail. Is this something I can fix or am I going to have to call customer service? Also, can't even pause or rewind live tv. HELP!!!!!! :confused:

Symptom:
Errors 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07.

Cause
A file error occurred when a DVR recording was interrupted by signal loss or power failure.

Prevention
You can avoid issues by ensuring that the dish is clean, the cable is protected from damage from lawn equipment, animals and the elements, and all cable connections are secure.

Troubleshooting
Do not RA the receiver for single occurrences of this issue.

Power off the receiver and unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. Wait 15 seconds, plug the receiver back into the electrical outlet and power the receiver on.

Try to replay the event that displayed the message. If the message displays again, delete the event.

If this problem continues ,it is a good time to upgrade to a 722 DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)