Can I get 105 without a super dish????

riverbendgeorgia

Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
I have a dish pro 500 right now picking up 110 and 119. Dish just added Savannah Ga on 105. Is it possible to add a second dish just to pick up 105 and use a DP34 to switch the 3 incoming signals.

Or is getting the huge superdish the only way to get locals here.

Thanks

You cannot add a second dish that is the same size that is needed for DBS. You will need a larger dish such as a PrimeStar dish or the SuperDish itself and an FSS lnbf in order to receive the signal. A switch is needed to switch between the lnbf's then split them out to the receivers.

Plus you may have trouble activating locals. Right now SuperDish is pro-install only - not as easy as D500 to buy one in WalMart or eBay and slap it up. They would know you didn't have a SuperDish.

In any case, the second dish would be as "huge" (as you put it) as a SuperDish. No real gain over having a proper SuperDish as your only dish unless you went even bigger than 1m to get a better signal.

JL

riverbendgeorgia said:
I have a dish pro 500 right now picking up 110 and 119. Dish just added Savannah Ga on 105. Is it possible to add a second dish just to pick up 105 and use a DP34 to switch the 3 incoming signals.

Or is getting the huge superdish the only way to get locals here.

Thanks

You can't get one either huh?

THanks for the replys, I was afraid of that. Looks like the super dish is the only way to go. Not sure I want to tie myself down for another year just to get the Savannah locals. I may hold out and see what D* has to offer when they start locals in Savannah in March. Also in Savannah, Comcast is supposed to start having HDTV, so I will see what they have on that too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts