Can I get 105 without a super dish????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riverbendgeorgia

Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
I have a dish pro 500 right now picking up 110 and 119. Dish just added Savannah Ga on 105. Is it possible to add a second dish just to pick up 105 and use a DP34 to switch the 3 incoming signals.

Or is getting the huge superdish the only way to get locals here.

Thanks

You cannot add a second dish that is the same size that is needed for DBS. You will need a larger dish such as a PrimeStar dish or the SuperDish itself and an FSS lnbf in order to receive the signal. A switch is needed to switch between the lnbf's then split them out to the receivers.

Plus you may have trouble activating locals. Right now SuperDish is pro-install only - not as easy as D500 to buy one in WalMart or eBay and slap it up. They would know you didn't have a SuperDish.

In any case, the second dish would be as "huge" (as you put it) as a SuperDish. No real gain over having a proper SuperDish as your only dish unless you went even bigger than 1m to get a better signal.

JL

riverbendgeorgia said:
I have a dish pro 500 right now picking up 110 and 119. Dish just added Savannah Ga on 105. Is it possible to add a second dish just to pick up 105 and use a DP34 to switch the 3 incoming signals.

Or is getting the huge superdish the only way to get locals here.

Thanks

You can't get one either huh?

THanks for the replys, I was afraid of that. Looks like the super dish is the only way to go. Not sure I want to tie myself down for another year just to get the Savannah locals. I may hold out and see what D* has to offer when they start locals in Savannah in March. Also in Savannah, Comcast is supposed to start having HDTV, so I will see what they have on that too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)