Can I get a 522?

CygnusTM

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
I am a current DHP customer. My commitment for my current equipment (501 and 2 301s) is up next month. Will I be able to call Dish and upgrade to a 522? I'm desperate for a two-tuner PVR. If Dish won't accommodate me, I may switch to DTV.

I don't think you're going to get a dual-tuner PVR from DirecTV. As far as I know, they don't have one but I could be wrong.

chaddux said:
I don't think you're going to get a dual-tuner PVR from DirecTV. As far as I know, they don't have one but I could be wrong.
DirecTiVo is and has been a two tuner DVR. The big differences is Directv designed it so that it could be used with only 1 tuner connected and they designed it to work correctly out of the box. :) :) :)

SatinKzo said:
Why not buy a 721? Do you need both outputs or just 2 inputs?
I don't have the $275 to spend right now. Plus, I'd prefer to keep everything a lease anyway.

Send an email to the ceo email address, be polite but firm, and cross your fingers. I got a 522 from them, but I've been a customer for 6+ years and had one of the original dvrs that was finally failing. I had failed on more than one occasion to call and get a 522. I read here about the ceo email address and decided to give it a try. Not sure if my particular circumstances got me the 522, if my email was so wondrously worded that they swooned with delight, or if I hit the Echostar lottery.

:D

In any case, I got one so it's worth a shot. (I love mine by the way--sure a tad buggy, very minor, but oh so much better than what I had before)