Can I get another receiver for my home that I can use on my farmhouse on weekends?

ktnptl1012

Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
Atlanta
Is it possible to get a second Dishtv receiver that I can use in another room of my house but I also like to take it with me on farmhouse on every weekends so can use it there.
If I take that receiver on weekend , wil it work or require another dish at my farmhouse?
Pleas help as on weekends I can't access dishTV.

Yes it requires one. You can PM a dirt member here to set up a mover or you can order one from somewhere like Amazon or dishdepot.com. Mike-D has some good advice about that joint and I like that website... But there are also cheaper ways. I got paid $25 a dish to remove satellite dishes from an apartment complex here in Phoenix. Not everyone will do that, and I sold the value to them while walking away with the parts I needed. Also took some nodes.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yes it requires one. You can PM a dirt member here to set up a mover or you can order one from somewhere like Amazon or dishdepot.com. Mike-D has some good advice about that joint and I like that website... But there are also cheaper ways. I got paid $25 a dish to remove satellite dishes from an apartment complex here in Phoenix. Not everyone will do that, and I sold the value to them while walking away with the parts I needed. Also took some nodes.
I believe he is needing a dish at another location to travel the receiver to, not moving the present one, unless I read this wrong.

Reactions: Hall and navychop
He would take the receiver for his first trip and the tech would set it up. He would just travel back and forth from there and update the address each time.

Is it possible to get a second Dishtv receiver that I can use in another room of my house but I also like to take it with me on farmhouse on every weekends so can use it there.
If I take that receiver on weekend , wil it work or require another dish at my farmhouse?
Pleas help as on weekends I can't access dishTV.
What do you have for a system? If a Hopper/Joey system the Joey needs the Hopper to tune channels so the Hopper would be the receiver you would need to move. Removing the Hopper from the "HOME" will kill any reception on Joey's left at home.

The simple solution would be to buy a VIP211 online and then acquire a used dish locally and self-install. If you can't do a self-install then contact a local retailer that can set you up.

Reactions: osu1991
Based on his OP, I suspect that DIRT won't arrange a "mover" for him.
That was SOP when I was there. Specific instructions on our official tool to do it that way for "snowbirds" as they are called. Even if just every other weekend. The technical rule is that "both addresses must not be active at the same time". We all know they are though, just with different locals depending on location.

Reactions: Tampa8
I actually told people that lived in the same DMA to not even worry about changing physical address for that, but that part in particular was not kosher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)