Can I get ANY HD locals from 61.5?

waltinvt said:
This whole "moving" business raises all kinds of questions for me:

How does one resolve the phone issues? I know my account has always been tied to my phone number, so if all of a sudden I "move" to the neighboring DMA but my phone number doesn't change, won't that raise a flag?

Nope. They don't care. You "move" your SERVICE address and leave your billing address the same. You can tell them that you do not have a phone at your SERVICE address.

Also, what about the phone connections to the receivers being a different area code, prefix, etc? When they "call" in to report PPVs, etc won't that raise a flag?

Again, they do not care!

And, what if you need something shipped?
Ask the CSR to ship the product to the BILLING ADDRESS

To me it would seem more feasable for one person to have 2 addresses - like say a 2nd home or camp in a different dma and have one of the receivers listed as being there? But again, there's the phone call in issue?

Not been a problem for some one I know intimately for the last 6 years.

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
The issue in this particular case though might be spot beam coverage. E*10 will have VERY tight spot beams. The Nashville locals may not physically reach the Lexington DMA.

See ya
Tony

Why four satellites now?

Her in Minneapolis we now have hd locals on dish but it is on the 129 satellite. Why is it not on 61.5 satellite. I have two dishes the 110 & 119 dish plus the 61.5 dish. If I what these locals I need 129 also so what is on the 129 satellite besides my hd locals. I also read about poor 129 signal strength . Any buddy know why they put them on the 129 satellite.

bobd said:
Her in Minneapolis we now have hd locals on dish but it is on the 129 satellite. Why is it not on 61.5 satellite. I have two dishes the 110 & 119 dish plus the 61.5 dish. If I what these locals I need 129 also so what is on the 129 satellite besides my hd locals. I also read about poor 129 signal strength . Any buddy know why they put them on the 129 satellite.

All new mpeg4 HD channels are mirrored on 129.

bobd said:
So if I want more hd I will have to swing the dish from 61.5 to the 129 spot plus get the new 411/211 or 622 receiver. That is all I will need to have done is this right?

To receive the HD-LIL from Minneapolis you will need to swing the 61.5 over to 129. From 129 you will get the HD-LIL from Minneapolis as well as all the other HD programing including VOOM. In Minneapolis you can either have the Dish 1000 installed or if you already have 2 Dish 500's just have one pointing at 110/119 and the other pointed at 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts