Can I get circular polarization with this reciever?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

busta3396

Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Hi everybody I just wanted to say hi this is the first time I am posting in this forum. I have a FTA satelite setup with an ExpressVu Direct Tv LNB on a good sized dish and my reciever is a samsonic bs-8100. Up till now I have only been using it to connect to the galaxy 25 satelite, however it has recently become aware to me thanks to lyngsat.com that on Direct tv satelites Echostar 8 and Echostar 4 gol tv is being prodcasted for free. I am very desperate to get this channel however unforunantly it seems it is sent through circular polarization and although on researching i found that my lnb can get circular polarization I have doubts about my receiver. In the setup menu there is not even an option for right or left polarization only horizontal and Vertical no matter what LNB type I select ( I am currently on 10750). Any help would be amazing as I am completely stumped and have no clue what to do now.

Thanks

you would need to change the LNB Type to 11250. As for the polarity, think RV

R=V
L=H

So Gol TV is Right polarity, you set the box for V polarity.

What LNB do you have? I'm confused because you say DirecTV (which is circular) but are aimed at G25 which is linear..is it the DirecTV world dish?

woops

my bad I'm sorry the lnb is not direct tv, it is "dish network canada" expressvu , its pretty old, as for the dish itself there is no writing.

oh...those are Linear (I have one of those too) :)

You would need a 2nd LNB that is circular for Gol TV

thats too bad, thanks alot for the info, I dont quite understand why it is so hard to find this information elsewhere on the internet. Seems like satelite info is a secret or something.

Welcome, you've just stumbled onto the mother lode of useful satellite information. Should be enough here to keep you busy for a long time.

thats too bad, thanks alot for the info, I dont quite understand why it is so hard to find this information elsewhere on the internet. Seems like satelite info is a secret or something.
Yes... you have found THE PLACE to look for satellite info. Keep reading the threads on this forum! Most other forums will have wrong info and be calling hacking junk fta when it's not... This is the place to be!

So if I hook up a dish network 500 dish with dual lnb to my samsonic bs-8100, then I should be able to get the direct tv channels that are sent free right?

I know the dish will get the signal, im just not 100 percent sure if it will work with my reciever.

DirecTV uses a proprietary MPEG stream which is not compatible with DVB, so you wouldn't pick up anything from DirecTV. You will get a few clear channels from Dish Network (the Echostar satellites)... NASA, GOL-TV, and the Muzak audio channels are in the clear.

I just want to thank all you guys, I just watched Real Madrid win the Spanish league on Gol tv, it was amazing, and its all thanks to you guys. Thanks alot!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts