Can I get Distant Network HD or Not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is looking good cmassa. I talked with another engineer yesterday and he said he was going to let it go through. He is just figuring out how to write it up now. Wait to call them until I have it in my hands. At that point they won't be able to turn you down when they already let one through. Especially, because I live much closer to the station than you do. I'm giving them until Monday to get it written up so I'll let you know by Monday evening. :yes

How is it going with the ABC waiver?

Chris

Wiggin78 said:
It is looking good cmassa. I talked with another engineer yesterday and he said he was going to let it go through. He is just figuring out how to write it up now. Wait to call them until I have it in my hands. At that point they won't be able to turn you down when they already let one through. Especially, because I live much closer to the station than you do. I'm giving them until Monday to get it written up so I'll let you know by Monday evening. :yes

I would like to tell you that I have it but I don't. The engineer who is supposed to write up the waiver keeps puting it off. He was supposed to have it done by last Saturday but I haven't seen it yet. I called twice this week and left messages for him but have not heard back. You'll be the first to know as soon as I have it in my hands. :D

This whole waiver thing is crazy. I don't think anybody knows what is going on. I got a card from D* today saying that all my waivers had been denied. I currently have waivers in place for CBS, Fox, and NBC which I requested personally, received directly from the stations, and submitted. My HD service for the 3 networks is still on. I wonder if D* actually sent them at all or if my local stations didn't even look to see that they had already given me waivers. I hope they don't turn them off now. I don't want to go through the whole thing of resubmitting them.

Chris

Yeah I feel you. That would be a pain in the ass to fight with D* to get all of them in again. Now you have to fight with ABC in Redding to get yourself a waiver. They faxed my waiver over today and I already sent it off to D*. No more audio dropouts or pixelation. I just hope D* doesn't give me the runaround over this latest waiver. You should talk to Jeff Knodd in the engineering department. If he gave it to me and I live 20 miles away you should definitly get one in Chico. Good Luck.

I called Jeff at KRCR yesterday and faxed the information he wanted. He said he would give me a waiver. I should get it today (I hope).

Chris

That's great. I haven't heard from D* yet. They said it could take 7 days to get the fax I sent. I'm going to call on Monday and make sure they got it.

I got home on Sunday and turned on ABCW to find that I had a crytal clear image. Oh, wait it would only be crystal clear if D* didn't compress their HD :D . I'll still take it though. Good luck Cmassa.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)