Can I get locals ABC, CBS, FOX, etc FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I have a 12 feet BUD and several receivers. Can I get the locals FTA in any Satellite?

Thanks

If you are referring to any locals, yes. For example right now you can pretty easily get NYC locals and Miami locals. If you are referring to the local stations from your community, probably only sporadically or not at all.

Personally, I haven't gotten locals from my area for years. I listen to the news on the radio in my car during my commute, and otherwise rely on the internet for local news and weather.

There is a lot up there in FTA. I count two premium channels and more than a dozen in high definition. Good luck.

If you are referring to any locals, yes. For example right now you can pretty easily get NYC locals and Miami locals. If you are referring to the local stations from your community, probably only sporadically or not at all.

There is a lot up there in FTA. I count two premium channels and more than a dozen in high definition. Good luck.

I checked Galaxy 16 @99W on Lyngsat.
It seems that there are NBC, Fox, ABC for the Caribbean only and in SD (non-encryped).
where would I find the dozen of HDs, Miami and NYC ?
thanks !

OK. The Caribbean stations on 99 often do New York local news. The Miami locals are on 101 C band.

On 87 west Ku there is one HD PBS station. On 91 west C HD Reelz and three CWs, east, Mt. and Pacific. Sometimes it has NatGeo or FX 99 west has ABC HD or did last Sunday morning. 103 w has two HD IONs. 105 has three HD NBCs.

125 west ku has two or three HD PBS stations.

I am leaving a lot out. There are feeds and CBS and Nickelodeon (not sure if it is still there) .

ok, that helps very much.

* 101W C (SES1) is out my range here in Belize with a 180cm Bud.
* 87W C (SES2) is also out of my range.
* 105W C (AMC 18) is also out of my range.
* 103W C (AMC 1) is also out of my range.
. . . wondering if the footprints at satbeams dot com are indeed correct.

* 91W C (Galaxy 17) and 99W C (Galaxy 16) seems to be good for the Bud and are pre-set in my receiver.

* 125W: there is nothing on Galaxy14 C but some stuff on 125W KU Band (AMC 21):
Would I use my 180 off-set dish ?
What LNB would I take ? a regular DTV/Dish lnb ?

thanks !

my hardware:
* Sadoun 6 foot prime focus, solid
* Channelmaster 6 foot off-set
* BCS 621 KU/C-Band Lnb
* various DBS lnbs
* Lexium DBS7000 C/Ku Sat receiver

Last edited:
The three or so PBS HD stations on 125 are Ku. I am using a Birdview 8.5 foot solid now with the four way lnb H and V in C and H and V in Ku. But before I was getting the PBS stuff through my one meter offset dish and Invacom.

I see no reason why you can't get 125 Ku with your offset 180, assuming there are no spotbeam issues.

I

I don't think the DBS7000 does MPEG-4. I had one but never hooked it up and sold it.

right, the DBS7000 does Mpeg 2 only. I do also have a Openbox S11HD . . . I assume the HD would assure Mpeg4 capability. It's not yet hooked up . . . the manual is really sh**t and I need channels first anyhow.

btw.currently I have hooked up and running IS-9/16 @58W for German DW etc.
can I just combine 3 dishes with a DiSEqC 4x1 and then use a splitter for 2 receivers ?
Ku and C band can run in the same wire, I guess.

thanks !

Lone Cloud said:
The Miami locals are on 101 C band.

Do you know if these are full time or part time feeds?
Also do you know what format MPEG2/4?

Thanks!

I am quite interested in looking them up, but i don't have anything pointed that way, so will need to do a shift and want to make sure I have the right kit before I do anything!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)