Can I get more tv's later

W

womboughjj

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 21, 2008
Albany, GA
Can I get just one TV installed now and then later if I need get more. Or is it better to get them all now. Not sure if I would need to pay the extra since cable is just as expensive as adding TV's and they are just for the kids. Thanks

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
Can I get just one TV installed now and then later if I need get more. Or is it better to get them all now. Not sure if I would need to pay the extra since cable is just as expensive as adding TV's and they are just for the kids. Thanks

Sure, lots of people only have one TV with sat service.

W

womboughjj

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 21, 2008
Albany, GA
I know that but how easy is it to call dish and say I need 5 more tv's installed with Dish?

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
I know that but how easy is it to call dish and say I need 5 more tv's installed with Dish?

Not a problem. People add receivers all the time. You'll be paying for installation unless you run the cabling yourself. An installation of a D1000.2 or D1000.4 antenna provides for up to three dual tuner receivers for 6 TVs.

Last edited:
boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Receiver cost and free installation is always best as a new customer. Once you are under a 2 year contract that free receiver is now going to cost you money and it won't be free installation. After 2 years when you can leave without Early Termination Fees you again may see reduced prices for equipment and installation but rarely as cheap as a new customer.

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Just remember the additional receivers will cost money. Duo receivers are $14 per month and Duo DVRs are $17 per month. It adds up fast. Single receivers like the 211k are $7 per month but only cover one TV.