Can I get my basic cable local HD channels with a 722?

miggiddymatt

Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I've got a VIP722, it has a setting that will let you connect cable to the DVR, but it's not picking up the HD channels (or anything else for that matter) off the local cable line (from Charter). Is there no QAM decoder in the DVR? Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

I can attest that the OTA is the best way to go. I've had my 722 for 3 months, and have a Phillips MANT950, and was leary to know I couldn't get the HD local channels from D*. Got the anntena, and was able to get the majority of the stations in my area in the mid 80's to 90's inside the house, with no special mounting. D* installer came to finish the job, mounted outside, and get 22 HD channels OTA usually in the mid 90's to 100 regularly, even during storms and such. Ok, so 5 of them are the NOAA weather, with different audio tracks...

The 722 has a very, very good OTA tuner; it brings in two low-power stations perfectly that were unwatchable on my 942DVR due to adjacent channel interference. Even my Pio 6070HD plasma can't bring them in as clear as the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)