can I get network channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wengrant

Original poster
May 18, 2005
new to this so here is my question if I get a 30" dish with motor and fta receiver
will I be able to watch network channels such as sitcoms or soaps for the wife.
I have been reading the posts and I'm sure the answer is here ,but I am very new to fta and would really like the network channels or am I exspecting too much ??? :confused:

WB, UPN, and Fox are the most common. ABC out of Wyoming is up there, and I think there is a CBS from the islands. Not sure on NBC. You are looking at multiple time zones however in some cases.

Hello wengant,
You can currently get all of the networks with a 30" dish and motor. Most of the networks (fox, cbs, abc, pax and wb) are on one satellite (g10r at 123 degrees). Here is a link that will show you what is available with a 30" dish and motor.

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

have fun and welcome to the forum :D

welcome :wave

most networks are on G10
CBS, Fox, ABC, UPN, WB, Pax, Univision, Telefutura

NBC is on a different satellite, but is a bugger to get

Most of the channels are in the Eastern/Central timezones. ABC is in Mountain and a couple UPN are in Pacific :)

so it is possible to get all networks with a motorized. Without a motorized, you would be missing NBC

Yes, I believe that's what he's refferring to (WVGN-LP (NBC - Virgin Islands)
Pretty sure I was able to pull that in;
I'll recheck after my HTPC is finished (tonight hopefully!)

The list (partial one) of the nets on Galaxy 10 (123W)
Fox
WMQF-Marquette, MI
KPBI-Ft Smith, AR

UPN
WBIF-Panama City, FL
KTVC-Oregon
KQUP-Spokane, WA
WGMU-Vermont

CBS
WVXF-Puerto Rico

ABC
KWTO-Casper, WY
KTTU-Cheyenne, WY
WPRU-Puerto Rico

WB
KWBF-Little Rock
KWFT-WB feed
KWBM-FT Smith

PAX
KYPX-LIttle Rock

I actually labelled all thechannels that way for the wife ;) I thought about adding timezones as well, but she works for the Post office and seems to know that stuff off the top of her head anyway!

Now, if I can just get PBS...

Finally, I can answer! lol... Had no keyboard hooked up earlier, was using it on setting up the HTPC. My Twinhan 102G does HD, I believe, and I have the AC3 codecs installed and working... but when I scanned the transponders, the HD channels didn't show up. Hrmm..

carload: isn't AMC3's PBS Digicipher 2? Not sure if the Twinhan understands that.

The HTPC came out very nice. Found the perfect case, and loaded it with an AMD Sempron 2400+, an MSI microboard, MSI RX9550 8X AGP card, DVD drive/burner, 120GB hd, and 512MB of DRR memory. If I can work the bugs out of the Cyberlink DVD player software and the Twinhan remote, it'll be really amazing. After some driver/codec/graph issues, it now plays beautifully! I'll post pictures if there's any interest. Now if I can only tweak my quality a bit higher, I'll be really happy ;) 31% on the tube makes for the occassional lag...

CharredPC said:
I actually labelled all thechannels that way for the wife ;) I thought about adding timezones as well, but she works for the Post office and seems to know that stuff off the top of her head anyway!

Now, if I can just get PBS...

I have then labelled ID & network
WBIF UPN

Iceberg said:
yep...wvgn

its hard for me to get it too...havent seen it in a while now :(

Wow, I thought it was just me! I thought I may have not peaked it enough. I also have trouble with ABC News Now on IA6, but read others have the same problem with it breaking up.

It's too bad they don't fix it, I might actually like to watch it.

Good to know, it's not just me :)

Mike
NY

I had to leave just after my post and just got back, you guys ROCK!!! I'm looking forward to getting into this and would like to thank all of you for your help.

torg0 said:
Wow, I thought it was just me! I thought I may have not peaked it enough. I also have trouble with ABC News Now on IA6, but read others have the same problem with it breaking up.

It's too bad they don't fix it, I might actually like to watch it.

Good to know, it's not just me :)

Mike
NY

ABC news now is due to overpower....it breaks up with a 99 signal :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)