Can I get the Astros??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry, don't have Turbo HD so I can't confirm it for that package. Most of the Astros games on Dish are shown on the "Sports Alternate" channels, rarely on FSN Southwest. If you can at least confirm that you can receive Sports Alternate channels with Turbo HD then you should be able to see most games.

Sorry, don't have Turbo HD so I can't confirm it for that package. Most of the Astros games on Dish are shown on the "Sports Alternate" channels, rarely on FSN Southwest. If you can at least confirm that you can receive Sports Alternate channels with Turbo HD then you should be able to see most games.

What games do you usually miss?

What games do you usually miss?

I don't miss any, because with my Classic 200 package I get FSN Southwest, the Sports Alternate Channels, and the local My 20. The thing is I don't think you get RSNs with Turbo HD, but I am not sure about Sports Alternate channels.

You get RSN's if you subscribe to TurboHD Silver and above. So if your in the area that recieves astros games you should get them. Both HD and SD feeds for turbo folks.

Be aware, not all games that are available in HD are broadcast by dish network currently. For me being a reds fan I would say it's been about 60% SO FAR. It was particulary bad at the begining of the season when hockey and basketball were still going on.

I talked to Dish and this is what they said:

Dish Network CSR said:
(01) Alfredo D. FFD: You will get all the local sports channels available in your area. Let me correct myself, the Houston Astros game can be found in the TurboHD Silver package. All Regional Sports network channels are subject to blackouts and you may not be able to receive them all.
(01) Alfredo D. FFD: To check if we are on the same page, are you using this link?
The agent is sending you to https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/DishCart/land.do.
Ben: Yes, what channel will the 'Stros be on? Will it change?
(01) Alfredo D. FFD: It's in channel 5416 and 5417. Just to verify, do you have a Dish Network account already?
Ben: No
(01) Alfredo D. FFD: I see. To check, how many TVs do you want to hook up and how many are in HD?
Ben: What about what about what this page says Regional Sports - Watch Regional Sports on Satellite TV - DISH Network
(01) Alfredo D. FFD: Give me a moment while my system loads.
(01) Alfredo D. FFD: We may have different channel listings for our packages depending on the orbital location that they are in.
(01) Alfredo D. FFD: You don't have to worry since the on-screen guide is readily accessible by remote.

Anybody have any follow up to this??

I have turbohd gold and we get the Braves on Sportsouth and Fox Sport net and course when they are on 17 Peachtree Tv. So I assume you would get the Astros in whatever sport channels are for houston. Plus today they were in hd on chicago wgn hd.Of course they got slaudered by the cubs 12-0. Of course my partner is a big cubs fan.

Turbo Gold subscriber here-i live in Oklahoma which the Astros claim. I get their games usually on a Alternate channel as the Rangers are usually on FOX SW
I also have the sports pack but added that to get the Royals and Cards. You should get the Astros with just the Gold.

I have turbohd gold and we get the Braves on Sportsouth and Fox Sport net and course when they are on 17 Peachtree Tv. So I assume you would get the Astros in whatever sport channels are for houston. Plus today they were in hd on chicago wgn hd.Of course they got slaudered by the cubs 12-0. Of course my partner is a big cubs fan.

Turbo Gold subscriber here-i live in Oklahoma which the Astros claim. I get their games usually on a Alternate channel as the Rangers are usually on FOX SW
I also have the sports pack but added that to get the Royals and Cards. You should get the Astros with just the Gold.

Thanks both of you. Sound like I should be able to get most games.

yes, i'm in Campbell, which is in the DFW TV market. and we do get the Astros games here, as well as the Rangers, i guess the MLB doesn't black out the Astros in the Rangers market since they are not in the same league in the MLB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)