Can I have 2 522s in my house? Dish CSR says "NO"

G&T

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
California
Any help would be appreciated!
I called Dish yesterday to ask a simple question: Can I have 2 522's on my account? I told her my current setup:
I have 1: 522
and I have 1: 322
I told her that I would eventually like to purchase a 522 from ebay. She asked what I would do with my 322. I told her that I might move it to another part of the house like the guest room or wet-bar.
She flat out told me that I can not add a 2nd 522 to my account.
I told her again that I would be purchasing this - not leaseing it. Again, she said NO.
Then she told me that IF I wanted to add another 322 to my account - they could do that - but NOT a 522...
:Also this girl had a VERY heavy foreign accent. I don't know where she was from, but English was NOT her 1st language.
I am in the LA DMA if that helps.
I have America's Everything Pack w/Locals
and I have 110/119/148
Thanks in advance.

Alright. Here's the deal. CSR's at Dish routinely give MAJOR!! amounts of misinformation. Tell you what...here's a little "game" you can play. It's called, CSR Roulette. If you don't like the 1st answer, try and try again. You'll eventually get what you want. Just be sure to properly document who you talk to in case there's a snaffuu; the name AND operator ID.

I'll try that game and see if it works.

1 other question:
If I purchase a 522 on ebay (one that has never been used) will I have trouble with the dish CSR adding it to my account?

Personally, Id get one thru DishStore.net , as there good, and you dont take any chances accidentallly buying a leased one etc!

Just my $0.02!

CJPC said:
Personally, Id get one thru DishStore.net , as there good, and you dont take any chances accidentallly buying a leased one etc!
Just my $0.02!

Actually that is a good idea. Thanks

I have two 522's on my account and I purchased those. You just cannot lease two 522's on an account. You can have as many 522's on your account as you want as long as you do not go over six.

Here's the deal. If buying on ebay, be sure to get the receiver number from the seller. That is the "R" number from the back of the unit. Then call Dish Network Customer Support and confirm that the unit was not leased before, and has a clean record. Then you can purchase it and replace your 322 or previous unit. When calling, be sure to get techical support, and I find best NOT to call on weekends! The weekend people tell you all kinds of things are not possible that are!

Last edited:
The only additional fee that you win incur is on an additional receiver fee for the first tuner only if the receiver is an additional one on your account.

You can buy any type of receiver you want, and can put up to 6 on your account.

They only time they can tell you no, is when you are leasing receivers and they are giving them to you at a discounted price.

But if you got Cash in hand, you can deffinitly go to Dishstore.net and buy whatever you want :)

I heard the 6 receiver limit was raised as long as all boxes are continiously connected to a phone line, can anyone confirm this?

Not that I've heard - another I HAVE heard of "exception" cases - although offhand I don't see how this can be. AFAIK, the E* computer only has 6 receiver "slots" per account.

I have had 2 522s on my account for over a year. :)

They were originally activated by the "special" Dish office, but I have not had any problems.

Brad

One receiver. That means you can have six dual tuner receivers (twelve independent television viewing) and get charged only $25 in additional outlet fees if all of them are hooked up to phone lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts