can i have both

tranz350

Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
is the antennas compatibale for both i have sirius starmate and want to get xm to but dont want 2 antennas. from what i see the starmate and the roady 2 look really similar. the antenna part that connects to the reciever that is . is it possible to have both on one antenna?

Hooked up at the same time I do not believe so. If the connector fits both then I believe it would work if you disconnected one and connected it to the other. Keep in mind that the antennas are designed to pick up each individual service. So while I believe its possible to use a sirius antenna on XM the reception maybe less then desirable.

yea i want to have both but use one antenna ( of cousrse use only one at a time in my car ) well i am getting a roady 2 tomorrow and will try it with my sirius antenna already mounted and post if it works

r u using one antenna or 2 . on sirius and one xm. i want to use one antenna that will work on both so i dont have 2 on my car

Remember that Sirius antennas have a higher gain and are made for satellites that have a 60 to 90 degree angle of elevation. XM's antenna are designed for a much lower angle of elevation. Reports of people that have tried to mix antennas are mixed themselves. It will work but not at optimum levels or maybe not at acceptable levels.